They are going to have to try much harder

btm1735

I have been watching the news of the recent crackdown with some interest because my first trip to LOS will be in Oct. At first I was kind of alarmed. The Thai government is trying to end the farang sex scene? My first thought was that since my plane gets in at midnight, I won't be able go to NEP as planned on my first night. I then thought, so what? I will probably be better off not to try to hit the scene fresh off the first 24 hr flight I have ever been on, in a city that I can tell is nothing like anything I have experienced. So the next night I will have only until 1AM to find a girl. To tell you the truth the only time I am out later then 1AM is when I don't have a girl and I am at the local pub because I am bored or if there is a good band that I really want to hear playing somewhere. If I have a girl I usually am home and in bed before 1AM (this doesn't mean I am asleep).

Now where else could I go that would be better than Thailand? The are places where you can get similar things, but at a much dearer price. Places that have cheaper or similar prices don't seem to have the same level of Western comfort that Thailand offers.

My guess is the only way the farang sex scene will end is if they start arresting the Johns, then that will keep people away. This is not to say that the scene in 2002 will not be different than it was in '98 but I don't see why the scene would be exempt from the rule that the only thing that is constant is change. Every once in awhile on the boards you hear from the old timers about what the scene was like in the late '80's and early '90's as the good old days. Just my observations from reading the boards and being able to look at it from a different perspective than regualr visitors and expats.

Archived