Heidelberg Hotel, Soi4

dddave

The venerable Heidleberg pub on Soi4 has added a 12 room hotel above the restaurant.

B1850 gets a nicely decorated, average sized room with indirect lighting, hardwood floors, 19' flat panel TV, hispeed plug-in internet and a soft, comfortable bed.

Breakfast is included.

There is also a rooftop, one bedroom "suite", with a nice sitting room including a large, plasma TV. The bathroom has a jacuzzi with enough room for a 3some. There is an attached rooftop terrace with a pretty good view of the area. B4000.

One nice touch is the elevator from the street goes directly to your floor without passing a front desk--no walk of shame here.

All in all, a nice, mid-price venue with some delux touches.

Discounts available for longer stays.

Phone: 02 252 3584

e-mail: heidelberg.bkk@gmx.net

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen it. 1850 B isn't mid range for a place like that. It's worth 750 B tops. As far as the walk of shame with people watching me with a BG, I don't give a f**k.

jessejames said:

I've seen it. 1850 B isn't mid range for a place like that. It's worth 750 B tops. As far as the walk of shame with people watching me with a BG, I don't give a f**k.

yes, you are right! check the restaurant then you know all :barf:

• 3 weeks later...

Have you actually seen the rooms since the renovation? While I agree that B1850 is a bit high, I totally disagree with the B750 figure. Anywhere around Nana, that buys a pretty dingy, frayed at the edges room like the Crown Sukhumvit or a few of the comperable hotels on Suk 7/1.

Flop on one of the new beds at Heidelberg, for one thing, nothing like the bumpy slabs at most budget venues. One might not like the color scheme, but it is very clean, bright and comfortable.

Archived