Police use 'live' bait ??

Zaad

Hi,

Watched the (Thai) news this morning and with the help of my girl I understood the following...

..Thai police used a real citizen for a hostage drilling yesterday in Chon Buri. From the little I heard and saw, the police picked a person from the streets and started the 'exercise' right there and then. Hostage was a woman (needless to say she was scared to death of course as any hostage would be) and it seems only her husband knew about the drill. Nobody else was informed which certainly could have had fatal consequences by one or the other trying to play hero and doing stupid things - not unheard of in Thailand.

Anyway...checked the newspapers but doubt this incident will be reported in the English papers if reported at all, since there's seems to be some discussion going on. Don't think anything will be said untill it's been resolved - the Thai way ::

I hope any of you has more info on this.

I think it's better to refrain myself from commenting on the police and their actions about yesterday's hostage drill until I have some more (reliable) facts in hand. As it is now it just seems to insane for human comprehension.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived