U.S. I-129F question

Sorry . :o ....I really did try a search on this. Honest. :)

I went to Immigration today, and got the I-129F fiance application. What I can't figure out is, is where is the 'financial responsiblity' part, that I always assumed should be submitted with it? There is not a word said about it, and seems to be not required. :dunno:

We got an application in BKK 8 months ago, but is quite different from the one I got today. The one gotten from Wireless road spoke of an 'Affidavit of Support' than needed to be submitted if intended fiance was not bringing funds with her for support, or did not have family here to support her, or did not have a job that was waiting for her here (with documentation). But nothing at all about this from the packet I received today.

I spent a good hour scouring the www.uscis website, but can't find anything about this there. From what I received today from them, I only need to fill out 'I-129F Petition for Alien Fiance' form, and that's it! It says nothing about the need to submit an 'Affidavit of Support"???

Any help from someone who's gone down this road recently, would be much apprieciated.

Also have a question on the 'Biographic Information' (form G-325A) part. On the I-129F petition, it has two copies for both of us. I can fill her's out (biographical information), but then asks for a signature. Do I have to send to BKK for her to sign, or do I sign in place for her, on her copy?

Thanks in advance for any help.

HT

HT... the I-134 AoS is submitted with a K-1 or K-3. After she gets here (US), you file the I-864 with the Adjustment of Status forms. The sig on the biographical sheet must be signed by her. Both AoS forms can be downloaded from the BCIS wedsite..USCIS.gov

HSTEACH

Hi HST,

I'm sorry, but I'm still lost here.

I-134 AoS is what? "Affidavit of Support"? This form I have was given to me in BKK, but does not have a 'I-134 Aos' name attached to it. It just says, 'Affidavit Of Support".

>>>>The sig on the biographical sheet must be signed by her.<<<

So I must mail to her the original biographical information form for her, on the original I-129F petiition I got in Hawaii, for her to sign?

Thanks for your trouble. My current work schedule makes it difficult to contact Immigration during the day. And is why I'm asking here.

HT

HT,

The I-134 IS the Affidavit of Support. The USCIS web site says that ONLY the 6/17/04 edition can be used. All other editions prior to 6/17/04 are not valid. The biographical information form she has to sign is the G-325 form. That is a separate form from the I-129F. It states that if her native language is one other than one using the Roman alphabet, she must sign in her native alphabet. ALL the forms can be downloaded on the USCIS web site. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Archived