sek loso london 23/6/5

mordrir

what a great gig he played 5 thai songs,1 hendrix cover and quite a few of his forthcoming english album with are very good. there was around 50 people a few were thai and there even was a thai movie star (according to my thai friend but cant remember the name) anyway i know it was nothing compared to see him in bangkok but as it was a very intimate gig we manage to talk to him ,take pictures with him and have several autographs witch would have never happened at a bkk concert.for those who were not here,you missed a great night!

50 people? either not very well publicised or suddenly not so popular. Is he living here? i know he was here last year studying english full time. Not my cup of tea of course, though I would have like to hear the hendrix-

well it was advertised on his website and the time out but as there was only about 15 to 20 thai people i don t think that it was well advertised to the thai community or as i assume a lot of them work in restaurants and they couldn t attend the gig anyway if you would have like to hear the hendrix there was a tribute at the royal albert hall with sek loso ,jeff beck and flea of the red hot chilli peppers on the 26/6.he was also selling cds of a live in pattaya with his hendrix cover with the thai national anthem hendrix style witch rocks!

It's kinda funny when Loso plays Hendrix during their live shows, since most of the Thais have no clue what's going on and look at each other slightly bewildered, not being able to move into the groove.

50 punters at the Upstairs@The garage is not bad at all. It's merely a place for showcases wehre not many punters are expected, as long as the "right" press people show up and write about the gig.

Archived