So long Wong Amat Pattaya !!

Prosal

Winds of change are sweeping Pattaya.

A few years ago I've stayed twice in the Central Wong Amat Resort in North Pattaya with a GF and each time enjoyed A LOT the old fashioned low-rise buildings, the beachfront rooms with terraces (ideal for late-night sanuk), the nice landscaped tropical gardens and the secluded beachfront location on Naklua.

But the old resort will be demolished next month to make way for a sprawling new hotel with two large towers of 22-storey each ...

:(

Does not bode well for a general plan. This ole property was a nice haven to stay with a gf or significant other. Seems Pattaya town is over built with Jomtiem catching up (high rises). Hua Hin, at least at present, may be a better choice with your sig. other.

ALHOLK said:

This seem to be true for the whole of Pattaya. When I was there this winter the demolition crews were working at an alarming rate.

True.

Yet owning or renting a 120 square meters apartment in this kind of new condominium (Northshore Condo) doesn't sound bad also !!

BTW have you heard about the 'Blue Sky Condominium', a 75-storey monster tower of 300 meters high that a famous promoter plan to build in North Pattaya ?

::

Pale_Rider said:

This ole property was a nice haven to stay with a gf or significant other.

The two times I've been in Wong Amat Resort I also noticed around the pool a significant number of Russian tourists, and among them some single Russian birds on vacations, obviously eager to party and to flirt (too bad I was with a Thai GF !).

From what I heard, there's now direct charter flights from Moscow to U-Tapao, with surely a few hot single girlies in each flight !!

Which hotel is now popular with russian tourists ?

::

Archived