Mark your calendars!

Flashermac

I know the Pink Panther. Madison Square Garden it ain't. It is a pole-dancing bar in the middle of seedy Patpong. But what the heck. Even Bruce Lee had to start somewhere.

I asked Shuki, my Israeli pal and a world champ, what he thought. Shuki was positive. "Eighty per cent chance you win. If you want, we can go there." The usual drill for a fighter new to the Bangkok scene is to have three bouts at the Pink Panther before going for bigger fights.

I asked if I would be paid. I would. What was the size of my purse? "Four hundred baht."

Those shin crushing matches at the ppanther are sometimes fought by the pros who fight at the stadium. The farang hopefully knows what he is doing.

BTW, the fights there are well worth getting a look at. Its fucking free! And you can have a beautiful girl sit with you while you drink together and watch. And can be a little more exciting than the actual pro fights. The guys usually make a point to throw in some entertainment but still engage in extreme combat.

400 baht pay day. :: Make sure you tip the fighters.

Archived