Siam Bayview "Pattaya" guest friendly?

JungleBunny

Hi all,

I am heading back to Pattaya late October, need to know if the Siam Bayview Hotel is guest friendly or not. My local travel agent has got a good deal on the hotel for me. But no use staying there if its got a policy on bringing back the ladies.

If not guest friendly, any good suggestions of hotels close to walking st with views of the beach.

cheers

Junglebunny

I have stayed at their sister hotel, the Siam Bayshore, down at the very end of Walking Street. There was a guest fee of 500 Baht (and this is at least 6 years ago). Moreover the reception desk were very snotty when my guest had to sign in - not a pleasant experience. Shame as it's a great hotel - location, standard of room etc.

Hi JB,

If you have not already booked then I would seriously suggest looking elsewhere.

I took 2 of my visiting customers there earlier this year who were interested in a suite and from the start the staff were snotty (this was without any girls being involved).

We arrived after 6pm and when my customers asked to see the room first the reception told us that their policy was not to show the rooms after 6pm.

My (tired) customers took the suite anyway.

I stayed in a different hotel so the next morning I got to the hotel and called them on the house phone and they asked me to come up to the room.

However, the security guard on the lift would not let me go up and he even turned off the lift to stop me.

I went to the reception to advise them that my customers had invited me up but they advised me that no guests were allowed to the rooms.

Back on the house phone again, I explained this situation to my customers, they called down to reception and were also told no guests allowed.

I was very presentable (wearing a suit) so I think that you would have real problems trying to take back a dolly from a bar.

Regards Tiger.

Saiphon said:

I have stayed at their sister hotel, the Siam Bayshore, down at the very end of Walking Street. There was a guest fee of 500 Baht (and this is at least 6 years ago). Moreover the reception desk were very snotty when my guest had to sign in - not a pleasant experience. Shame as it's a great hotel - location, standard of room etc.

My experience is 180. I've stayed at the Siam Bayshore many times from 1989. The staff has always been cordial with me. I book double deluxe room directly with the hotel. No internet booking. Security will have your name and room # on a clipboard and will allow passage of you and your guest. No joiner fee was ever charged. As you commented, the hotel is very good on location and amenities.

Archived