Day 4 Going to Udon

asiafun

Day 4 Going to Udon.

Just before I went to sleep for the night I took one last look at the ticket for the next days flight to Udon. Holy shit my flights at 7am not 11am. Seems that I wasn?t paying attention when I booked the damn ticket through NOK AIR http://www.nokair.com/welcome.aspx?currlang=en

The round trip ticket was the NOK PLUS and was only a few bucks more at around 40 dollars. The importance of this is the larger luggage allowance and of course the seats were farang size.

I packed quick and was ready to call it a night when I realized I still need to redo my taxi for the airport. OK I needed to leave by 4:30 am now to be sure I got there in time. Its almost 2am now?screw it lets go back to the bars. By now most of the clubs are ?closed? but the discos like Lucifer are still going and the beer bars have some action going on. I hit up a few and stick with water and cokes.

At the Lucifer I run into a smoking hot darker complexion gal by the name of N. After a few minutes of discussion I find she is a college student in the P2P biz looking for some extra cash. I get her number and promise a hook up in the future as she is the kind of girl who can use the cash but also tries to make the best out of a workable relationship. In our chat I find that she?s into the all night sex and not the one hour boom booms and likes to go out and do sports and cultural things during the day besides shopping. Dammit why do I meet the cool ones when I am just about to leave???

A couple of hours later I am fast asleep in the hired taxi. What seems like minutes later I am being tapped by the driver. I step out to pay and motion for my bags but he points to the sidewalk where they have been waiting. Wow good man. I tip him a little extra and check into Nok. Check in was quick and professional and there were not that many people on this flight.

The 737 was the garish coloration with a bird head painted on the nose but the flight attendants were very cute and very helpful. I managed to finagle the cell number out of one gal but she said if I hear a guy answer the phone just hang up its my ?brother? and he gets protective of me??? Needless to say that number gets flushed after I deplane.

My friend T is excited and within an hour I am getting my bones jumped by a very happy girl with a physique like a cheerleader. My pelvis crushed, fluids drained and a smile on my face I am in bliss as T starts to smoke Mr. Happy back into fighting form. This is what I think is going to be the start of a few very nice days in Udon.

I stayed at the Royal Charoensri adjacent to the Robinson mall. Ask for the suite as it offers much more room and looks better when you have guests from either pleasure or work. I give T some Baht to go do some shopping and drop the hint I love black lace. I have the local reps coming over at 2pm for a quick meet to go over the itinerary for the next few days.

By 6 we are around the block eating at a local Thai hangout eating food that we cook over coals and boiling water. It?s very hot here as it is an outdoor place but covered and I was sweating my balls off. The food was dirt cheap and the beers were the only things that really brought up the check-bin totals. Later it was off to the Little Rock Disco.

Little Rock disco is tucked into a side street with about ten or so other cars and dance clubs but this one seems to be the club of choice. There was no cover and as my new GF was younger than what I usually date she was carded by the door staff to make sure she was not underage. Well if they let her in then I guess she?s old enough.

We get a place near the stage and find that even though they are playing dance music, no one is really dancing. The staff does kind of put on a show here that is actually pretty good. Later this younger Thai guy comes out and sings a cover tune from the west that just drives the crowd nuts and although I don?t know the name of the song the guy does a really good job.

The drinks were not too bad and the waitresses were smoking. I stifle the urge to flirt and focus on the hottie at my side. After awhile my patience starts to wear thin as the DJ interrupts with what I believe to be bar adverts in the middle of the songs ruining the mood. He does this every song and I finally decide to call it a night before I lose it.

Back to the hotel we head down to the Karaoke lounge and find a huge group of American air force types who are in town for some training. Turns out every night they drop in here after 1am as their commander has given them a curfew??? In Udon? They mostly turn out to be a great group of guys and the swarm of local honeys who show up at the lounge are a result of their presence according to the bar staff.

A few of us move off to a private room with our dates so we can try and sing ourselves as a few of the Cano?s have more or less taken over the microphone in the main room. The Private rooms are decorated in what seems to be furniture left over from the days of Viet Nam. The music selection is outdated and difficult to navigate. T assures me its no problem and she starts singing her head off. I had no idea!

An hour later its back to bed wrestling in the suite and BTW she got the hint!

I always bring two digital cameras but seem to never get around to taking pics... :o

One is a dinosaur and is a pain taking it around, the other nice and small but the res is not what they claim, couple that with my laziness.

My trip in December is more or less guaranteed so I will most certainly take pics for all then.

Archived