Myanmar visa

hawaiijohn

I'm arriving in Bangkok on the evening of October 14th (Friday) and want to travel to Rangoon on the 16th or 17th. Is is possible to get a visa that quickly? I noticed that two travel agencies were suggested for getting a visa to Vietnam. I assume the same would apply for this situation. Any advice or helpful experience would be appreciated.

When I went in 2003 I didn't need a visa, or if I did it was similar to Thailand (visa on arrival) - paid a fee, 600THB and $10USD (Pretty sure the 600 was for the boat trip out there, visa fee paid in US dollars -cash only- may have been less than 10, not sure). All done reasonably quickly, and not at any busy crossing, Thai guides did all the running around.

This was on an Australian passport.

Hawaijohn,

I doubt you can make it. Redbaron seems to be talking about the boat trip to Ko Thong, South of Myanmar, where you can indeed get a visa on the spot. Still you need to get a visa through the embassy in BkK to fly out to Yangon. Rather hassle free and can be aranged the same day by the travel agent or yourself but doubt the embassy will be open on Saturday.

Quite an interesting place to visit and hope you'll clear out the formalities.

Cheers!

Random

According to Lonely Planet website:

Entry into Myanmar requires a passport valid for at least six months from the time of entry. 28-day tourist visas are issued and cost 20.00.

Just had a bit of a surf, looking for information, and it seems you need to make arrangements beforehand, I was only there for a day, it seems a few greenbacks was all I needed... any extended time spent there would need a visas ($20USD 28 days).

Can be done through the M. Embassy, but agents also operate, with quicker results if needed, according to LP threads.

Archived