Chinatown

asiafun

I lived in Seattle for over 20 years. Its a pretty nice town, and when the weather is nice it is one of the nicest cities in the US. Both weeks.

Seriously there are several things I would recomend. China town there is really very small, not much at all compared to places like SF. Other places that are nice would be Pike Place market. Its has open air fish stalls and fruit stalls as well as many differnt shops. The water front is ok and the aquarium is pretty nice. I would recomend having some clam chowder at Ivars on the waterfront. If you can you may want to go to Alki beach. Not a great beach but a place to rent a bike or rollerblades. Oh also the best fish and chips in the world can be had at a small place called the Sunfish (not spuds, a competitor). It is run by a couple of Greek guys and they make a halibut fish and chips that is worth the trip to Seattle. Also you could take a ferry ride for a great view of the city. Pioneer Square is the old town, and is fun to check out. There are a number of bars there usualy with some good bands playing each night. You can take the monorail to the Seattle center. The site of the 1962 worlds fair. You could go to Capitol hill, and find trendy shops on Broadway. If you have transportation a drive to Mount Rainer is pretty cool, (about 90 miles) refered to by the locals simply as "the mountain" All and all Seattle is a great town but dont expect much from the ladies. It has to be one of the most PC places in America, so watch yourself or some dykes will kick the shit out of you :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived