Anyone taken their Thai girl to Ireland?

I don't expect this to get many replies but I just thought some of you fellow Irish boardmembers might be able to help....

I am thinking of trying to get a visa for my girl to come to Ireland with me for two months next year.

Has anyone done this or do any of you visa experts know if this is possible......without getting married???

If we go through London Heathrow does she also need a UK visa???

Any advice, suggestions or info appreciated.

uniformguy

You can get a tourist Visa for up to three months at the Irish Consulate in BKK. My now wife has been to Ireland several times to visit me at the beginning, and now with me.

But apply in advance, as the Irish Visa takes around 6 weeks and costs 100 Euro.

She will have to provide the usual documents to prove her intention to go back (House titles, Proof of Money in the Bank, own business, Confirmation from work that she will continue after the trip, Letter from University, Flight reservation etc.). The more the better.

As much evidence as possible, as Ireland has a big refusal rate.

Do a search, as there are quite a few topics about Irish Visas, IIRC.

If you just transit via LHR, she won't need a Visa. If you stay there for a night, you will need one. If so, get the Irish first, as that will make the UK one easier, as they told us.

Hope this helps.

DSAB

thanks for the info guys...

Sinsin do you mean that you need a visa just to transit thru terminal 4??

AFAIK the Thai flights come into terminal 3 which has a transit corridor to the Irish republic flights.

Any other info/experiences welcome.

uniformguy

• 4 weeks later...

But we do not have to go anywhere near Terminal 4 !!!!!

TG flights arrive in T3 and we can use the transit corridor to T1 to get a flight to the Irish Republic.

Anyway I'm going back home for Christmas so I'll check it out then.

uniformguy

Archived