Thai Spoonerism

Pescator

The only one I know:

Khuy hen mee mai?

Did you ever see a bear?

And I guess the majority will guess what it transform into. laugh.gif" border="0

Anyone out there knows of more?

By the way, how do you display thai characters in this forum?

Do you insert it as a graphical image or what? crazy.gif" border="0

I have read the page about UBB Code, but it doesn`t seem to suggest a way, or is it just me?

quote:

Originally posted by hall:

สวัสดีครับคุณหัวงู

Go to

โชคดี

คุณหอล

Thanks

I`ve just tried this link, but "the file doesn`t exist".

I have thai fonts installed, keyboard switch etc. and am perfectly able to write in thai in Word, E-mails etc. but not in this forum. Any suggestions as to why not?

Hi Hua,

I can't get into it either.Strange because I checked it out before I posted to you and it was working ok. I'm sorry but I don't think I can help further. I'm completely computor illiterate and got my information from the previous moderator on the technology board of this site. Unfortunately he has left the board and deleted all his posts so I cannot even refer you to them.

The only other thing I can suggest is to post your question under the Technology heading on this board and see if anyone can assist.

Cheers Hall

Hi again Hua,

I have found a way into that website.Go to www.inet.co.th. When you are in the site click on 'support' (top left hand corner). When you are in to support site look under heading "Technical" and click on 'thaifonts'.

From there I just followed the instructions and ended up with the capability of interchanging between thai fonts and english fonts on this board. Hope it works for you !!

Cheers Hall

Do you have Thai Windows?

If so, then choose font names like "dialogue, angsana new, upc."

If you can't alter the font then write what you want onto wordpad or notepad and paste it into this dialogue box.

Even if you can't read it, the rest of Thailand will be able to.

If you want to read something written in Thai and it presents itself as boxes or chicken scratching copy and paste it into wordpad or notepad and (makesure it's shadowed) choose those font names i have described above. Too small, increase the font size. Sometimes it's just a matter of checking Thai encoding, under the heading of View on top Windows Explorer (next to File and Edit).

quote:

Originally posted by mushroom:

Do you have Thai Windows?

If so, then choose font names like "dialogue, angsana new, upc."

If you can't alter the font then write what you want onto wordpad or notepad and paste it into this dialogue box.

Even if you can't read it, the rest of Thailand will be able to.

If you want to read something written in Thai and it presents itself as boxes or chicken scratching copy and paste it into wordpad or notepad and (makesure it's shadowed) choose those font names i have described above. Too small, increase the font size. Sometimes it's just a matter of checking Thai encoding, under the heading of View on top Windows Explorer (next to File and Edit).

¼Ã¾ÂÒÂÒÃà¢Õ¹ÃÂèÙÃçàËç¹äËÃ

Yes I can see it.

At first it looked like chicken scratching.

Then I clicked on "view" chose "Thai encoding" and wella... all was revealed.

It was a little small though. I pasted it into wordpad and increased the font size.

• 4 weeks later...

Yo 'Shroomer -

I can read Thai script well enough, as it's set up on O/E as the default setting. Same thing with my browser. My problem is I can't figure out a way to type in Thai. Can you help me out, bro?

Archived