PRESIDENT SOLITAIRE

Khunhunter

Any news on this hotel on Soi 11?

I am checking in Oct 27 and I payed a fortune 3400 Bht per night. Unfortunately although I am a patron of the Majestic Suites, I am taking brother and sister with me and they insisted. They have alot of money so it doesn't seem to matter to them.

Any news as guest policy, safety, quality etc would be appreciated.

Cordially,

Hunter

I have stayed there a number of times. Executive suites are large, nice bathrooms, useable kitchens, internet access in room, etc. The breakfast buffet is nothing special, but I enjoy the outdoor dining area. Good mini-grocery about halfway up soi 13.

Security guard will ID guests

Stayed there this past May/Jun again. Pretty nice and while small the Gym's pretty good and the pool isn't too bad.

It does get pricey after they tack on the SVC charge and VAT but at least you'll get the sense its a place worth the extra baht (the 4 poster beds are really comfortable).

They have in room safes and guards / doorman there pretty much 24/7. Even the Taxi Mafia out front is a class above.

There's a 7-11 just on the corner from the place and the Ananda Health Spa next door is pretty nice (albeit pricey) for a "legit" massage (think your Brother and Sister will really like Ananda Spa). I enjoyed my sessions there so much I bought a CD of the "massage music" they have playing in the background.

They've got a free Shuttle to take you to Suk however its really not that far and I normally just walk everywhere from there. They also just added a "London Taxi" for hire (hadn't tried it myself yet as it was added just as I was checking out).

In all the times I've stayed there however I've never yet found a Taxi driver that knew where it was so when coming back (with babe(s) in tow) I usually just tell the driver "Ambassador" or "Grand President" (they know those) - then once on Soi 11 direct them to Solitaire.

Archived