Short Pattaya report: Part 2

dddave

I spent most of day 2 recovering from night 1, but that's what beach chairs are for.

The current beach enforcement seems only to be happening in the evening, there were quite a few girls with smiling "hello's" during the day and late at night as well, after 11pm.

I decided to check out a few clubs I'd missed the night before. These clubs have all been reported on by other, more intrepid explorers than I, so these are just my own impressions.

If "CAYOTE BAR" were on Walking Street, it would be packed;,however , it's out of the way location about 200 meters down Soi BJ, past the BLUES FACTORY and through the open air restaurant area keeps the crowds down, at least for now.

The place is large, done in all white and chrome "high style" and tries quite successfully to be all things for all punters. On the right as you enter is a section of mirrored table dancing platforms surrounded by sofas and stools, a la BEACH CLUB. On the left, an elevated "bed lounge" area has ample space for getting well aquainted with any one of the multitude of attractive ladies present and available. While initially delighted at the large "No Smoking Area" sign above this section, the ashtrays atop the bistro tables next to the lounges suggested otherwise, I'm pretty sure if some customer wants to light-up, nobody will want to stop him; I could see it leading to words and more between customers though.

There is a "Carouselle" for dancing in the center of the room, and interestingly, a "firemans pole" emerging from the upstairs lounge and bar area which the girls use to travel back down; sadly, none tried to shinny back up, which would have been much more interesting to watch.

Drinks started at B45 for a small draft; bottled beers and regular drinks about B110.

Barfines are listed as Hostess:B350, Dancer:B550, Server:B600 and Showgirl:B700. At least you know where you stand.

The girls were friendly but not overly pushy; this is a pretty decent place to hang for a while, moving around the house to sample the many pleasures available, worth the detour from Walking st.

Next, I entered the latest incarnation of "ELECTRIC BLUE", now to be known as "CEB". After its' disasterous makeover last year, it has re-emerged as yet another example that the mirror business is big in Pattaya. Unsubtle red is the color, chrome and glass and hairless smiles the dominant theme. The upstairs areas are by far the most un-inhibited, but one can have an enjoyable look-see without climbing the stairs. Drafts start at B45.

Actually, the B35/45 small draft has hit the street in a big way; available almost everywhere.

Time marches on, but some clubs just let it pass by.

"LIVING DOLLS SHOWCASE" (The LD farther down Walking St) is more than a few years behind the pack and so are its staff. The room is dull and musty, the girls listless and disinterested. I left without finishing my drink.

It's sister bar,"LIVING DOLLS", a block up Walking St though still oh so 2 yaars ago, at least had a housefull of cheery girls with assets unveiled.

I've always liked "CHAMPIONS", it doesn't pretend to be anything other than what is is: a hardware store for drink and sex. No pretentious shows here, just a parade of bodies and winks and smiles working their way down the runway. What you see is what you get. This is one I hope never changes.

There is another new "sofa" bar up a set of stairs off Walking St. at soi Diamond. I can't remember the name of the place, but the "hello" girl had a charming smile so I allowed her to lead me up the staircase. The bar is on the right, not particularly large but with an attractive and un-inhibited staff. Sofa's lined the walls and were quite comfortable. I busied myself chatting with my interesting "hello" girl and didn't pay much attention to the goings-on around me, but it never became crowded.

Stops at "PARIS" and "CAROUSELL", next to one another on Soi Diamond produced no surprises. "Carousell" has more girls, but both have shows showing all, interspaced with sessions of regular, topless dancing. The girls were friendly but laid back.

"HAPPY A GO-GO" wasn't. This place is really popular and I've had some good times there, but the music never seems to change and neither do the girls. I always feel hustled around by the largely male wait staff and the attitude of the girls seems really "pro". I find myself quickly wanting to leave, which leads to more fun actually, as the girls from the many small beerbars lining the walkway leading back to Walking St pull out all their tricks to get you to linger a while.

Too many bars and cheap beers, my feet are tired and it's time to lay down for a bit of soothing hedonism; my promised return to "HEAVEN" and the real beginning of my night of bad behavoir.

Archived