Thai National Visa for Japan

Do I have a better chance than a snoball in hell?????

I've read through most of the posts on the legal issues and nothing exactly pertains to me....so I thought I'd throw you'all my situation.

Ok.....Met a Thai gal a couple years ago....we clicked more than any relationship I've had since. She stayed with me a few months....I feel I know her well...we have talked a lot over the last couple years, and I've visited a few times.

I wan't to see if we really have something together, I am an American living in Japan on a working visa and will probably be here many years. She is a Thai gal, 28, who bounces around job to job and the latest being about 3 months selling shirts. She has no money in the bank, has a kid in Isaan, no school.

How do I get here to Japan for a visit, and hopefully an extended visit?

I would think about taking the marriage route just to see if it worked out if the cost and trouble is not too great.

Would getting her a job here first help out, enroller her in school, being a fiancee??????

Talk to me.

This sounds like a question about Japan immigration policies. I think you are more likely to obtain solid advice if you ask this question on a form dedicated to English speaking ex-pats in Japan.

As to the unspoken (written) aspect of your question that pertains to Thaland, and Thai women in particular, given the profile you provided of your friend (age, education, work history, etc.), marriage is a rather risky path right now. I might be much better to wait until after you have at least lived in the same city as her for an extended length of time.

Archived