London ANGRIIIIIIITTTTT

Hi,

all hotels are situated around Hyde Park. The one in Mayfair must be the closest measured in meters. It depends at what time when you want to go to Russell Square. At rush hours the underground is crowded, walking is faster than bus and taxi. And it's too far for walking, it takes at least one hour I guess.

Tell me what rate they offer you and I'll try to find something nearer at the same price and standard.

A luxuary hotel close by I've stayed in is myhotel, Bloomsbury but I paid almost 300 GBP for a double room but you can find lower internet prices.

elef

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elef,

not looking for something luxurious actually, just clean and safe and preferably a bit of space to move from the bed to the door. The same style of three stars I stay in Paris, but learned there are many kinds of three stars and many kinds of rooms for the same price in a specificic hotel. Unfortunately know about nothing yet about London but plan to make frequent visits there. Ascott advertises studios and perhaps 1BR app for below 100pds on their website which is a price I can deal with. 300 would be too much at teh moment.

About underground, was staying in London short after the bombings early september and it's been a mess, with several trains cancelled. Wasted considerable time. Same with cabs in rush hour, not exactly fast and with at least a 50% overcost from their Paris brothers I'm not overly enthusiastic- love those with TV screen inside though...

Archived