I have a (long) story to share!

ChristianTroy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Topcatta said:

You closed down again and are blaming your ex-gal, proving with your 'past' experience that you cant get any better anyway. But what did You do with this gal? You are the older one, do you not know better? Why did you not guide her? So what if she is jealous? Come on a 20 yo?! Jealousy is just a process you can clear up!

A nice bit of pseudo Buddhism/New Age thing going there :)

While I can sympatize with your general gist, I think it also show a bit of superiority complex to think that you should be allowed to 'guide' someone, train her, if that is not something she specifically desire.

I saw this move once with Meg Ryan, damn she is hot, and Andy Garcia. She were an alcoholoic and he was this 'perfect' man. At one time she said that he only tried to help her because it made him look good. 'I'm not your problem to solve!!!!' . What a great line :)

I have become wary of the knight in a white shiny armour syndrome. A relationship is a union of two equal partners based on common goals and desires.

"A relationship is a union of two equal partners based on common goals and desires."

I totally agree and do not see a difference with my opinion. When I talk about teaching your partner I mean that goes either way. Both partners are each other's teacher wether you want it or not. So were superiority complex comes in?! May Khaw Cay.

Topcatta said:

"A relationship is a union of two equal partners based on common goals and desires."

I totally agree and do not see a difference with my opinion. When I talk about teaching your partner I mean that goes either way. Both partners are each other's teacher wether you want it or not. So were superiority complex comes in?! May Khaw Cay.

Humans are individuals, you can show the girl a path but she gotta walk it alone, IMO. I agree that you can teach each other many things, you can learn and grow in a relationship but the basics gotta be right. This girl was lying to me about her goals, likes and dislikes, she is great with customers but not with a boyfriend (lack of experience) the more time i gave her the more she was running this relationship into the ground. Nobody is perfect, but I am cetain when I say that I did nothing wrong. I was caring, I was patient, I was generous, I was truely in love, and she broke my heart by not trusting me for no reasons, by moving out of my house because she wanted to see how my reaction would be! She had jealousy attacks every hour, she even accused me to have sex with a male buddy of mine because i gave him money that he can stay longer in Pattaya. All her accusation where immature (understandable) and pointless. I tried and tried and tried..... she didn't listen to me.

Love might not have been the problem in this relationship, she loved me and I loved her, but there is a point in each relationship where you have to ask yourself, "what is better for both of us" and i figured that letting her go will help her more.

When both partners aren't happy then it is time to make a cut.

I am rather proud of myself to be able to think this through in a rational way than blindly going on when there is no hope for happier days!

When you drop a glass onto the ground, it will break into pieces, you might be able to fix it, you might be able to drink for the glass again, but you will always see that it was broken!

Topcatta said:

It has to be a comon goal to learn from each other. If one 'trains' the other it's no longer an equal partnership. You take away her responsiblity in the relationship.

Teaching/training each other as partners in love does not instantly mean inequality. Temporary not equal maybe. One teaches on one level or subject the other and the other wants to learn but on an other time or level the roles will be reversed. Remember the guru rule/saying: The student is your teacher.

But if you really think about it: what means equality anyway? Two partners can never be totally equal. They might have the same goals but do they always have the same life experience?! Do they always have the same knowledge about work, hobbies, etc. It is not possible to be equal but you might focus on bringing your femininity and masculinity in your self and in your relationship in balance So I actually prefer the term a balanced relationship over an equal one.

Archived