Best Detective in novels?

Dude_Le_Rude

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clive Cussler is getting just too wierd! His last novel has Dirk Pitt's previously unknown twin children show up to meet their daddy in the last chapter. Sort of like Cussler realised he never should have never killed off the hot gal in the underwater base in that book years ago -- so he made her miraculously survive a nuclear bomb and have his children. Huh?

Best book was the one where Margaret Trudeau got buried alive with her lover, and Dirk Pitt got the best of James Bond!

Oh, yeah ... we ended up with a huge new country: the United States of Canada. :doah:

I haven't read Atlantis Found yet. Cussler does have a great -- if bizarre -- imagination. But he seems to have passed beyond the realm of plausibility these days. I loved his early books.

p.s. Really a shame the producer made such a bodge of the film version of "Raise the Titanic". Dirk Pit could have been a great screen hero. But "Raise the Titanic" spent all of its budget on recreating the Titanic and cut out big chunks of the story. I watched the flick with a friend -- and had to explain to him what the story line was so that he could try to figure it out. If you hadn't read the book, you were forked. The film made no sense at all.

Plus the heroine did not have to expose her boobs in the film! :(

i agree that Raise The Titanic Film was a crock of shit.

haven't seen the version of Sahara yet.

but that was another book i liked as i thought the storyline of Abraham Lincoln's body found in the Sahara Desert was interesting.

also liked the book about Captain Nemo being a real person and The Nautilus being found.

but he has branched out in recent Years and introduced new characters.

he now has Kurt Austin and Joe Zavala who are just Dirk Pitt and Al Giordino with different Names.

but he has just introduced characters from what he calls 'The Oregon Files'.

but i found the first book 'Golden Buddha' a hard read.

Archived