New Year beach resort - Krabi vs. Samui province?

chilli13

Recently its been argued which southern fun city is best for nightlife!

How about for pure relaxation when girls are the last thing on the radar(or if bringing sand...)?

I'm thinking samui,phangan,tao vs. lanta,phi phi(still a pile of crap after tsunami?)

Priorities are good snorkling, swimming, spa/massage etc opportunities in a somewhat secluded beach still offering plenty of great authentic local & seafood.

Accomodation budget is around the 1500bt mark, but can be less as long its nice. No A/C needed actually I hate a/c!!

Mandatory New year gala would be nice to avoid as well as its a fucking rip off & I just hate buffets & being told where to dine :(

Anybody else down there somewhere 30dec-5jan or so?

Thanks for the unbiased tips beforehand :up::)

WTF!!! Its true what they say everywhere is fucking fully booked over new years/early january even phuket & samui presumedly!!!

bloody hell someone ought to throw some serious tsunami combines with terrorist scare real soon me thinks...

High season my ass how the fuck does the average tourist think the south islands are anywhere near fun to be at considering the reputation of TIT as of lately???

Torneboy is it you sending half of your brotherhood out or whats going on I remember just a few years walking in a few days before new years finding a hotel at lamai was not too hard really...

Anyways so we'll be going by train & sleeping at some unknown island near koh tao :):neener:

Archived