24 hour pubs in Britian now

dean

Its probably a litlle early to start this thread, since the new law only came into effect yesterday, but how has it worked out? Are many pubs staying open much later? Are any pubs staying open 24 hours a day? Any problems on the first night?

dean said:

Its probably a litlle early to start this thread, since the new law only came into effect yesterday, but how has it worked out? Are many pubs staying open much later? Are any pubs staying open 24 hours a day? Any problems on the first night?

I think we have to wait for SiLeakhunt to get back before we get a balanced report.

It's all bollocks if you ask me. The barmaid won't shag you how ever late they stay open and what's the point paying pub prices when you get 24 tins of Imported Dutch lager from the Late Shop for £8.79.

What is more disconcerting however is that the Great British design classic and flagship currency (the giro) has been replaced by this direct payment shite. Your giro gets paid directly into your bank which is immediatley swallowed up by bank charges and overdraught.

Those lucky enough to have a surfeit are faced with more ball ache because the fucking kids round here put superglue on the ATM buttons and you're stuck there ten foot from Bargain Booze with no Special Brew and dogs pissing up your leg.

Cheers

Anyway I'm barred from all the pubs near me so what does it matter.

Well it's been a strange first night of the relaxed drinkind laws, despite being able to serve later, the pub I have been in tonight actually finished earlier! it was virtually empty by 11,30, only a few pissheads (myself included) remained to the bitter end and were ejected into the ice and snow to make their lonley way home. It's a tough life but somebody has to do it. :)

Archived