suicide tourism

greedisgood

pasathai said:

"I am an old man in a small town in Cambodia. I don't want to cause any trouble for anybody. But I do have my own beliefs which, if I can, I will tell people about," Roger Graham, 57, told Reuters after appearing in court in Kampot, a coastal town.

When did 57 get old man status?

And when did it become OK to set up a suicide business in Cambodia? This guy needs a lesson in manners methinks.

......and it is just that there is a 99% chance that the side effect will be fatal due to the amount prescribed.

That'd be malpractice in the west.

I just read the entire webpage for the first time, IMO the guy has some very good points. Who would want to end up like Terri Schiavo (kept alive by machines, unconscious AFAIK for 15 years because of her family's catholic beliefs, despite her husband's protests, then being starved to death over 2 weeks because removing here feeding tube is not deemed to be murder but stopping her heart instantly is).

One of my great aunts is has been kept alive in the faetal position, motionless for the past 5 years, 5 years previous to that she wasn't much better but was conscious. Nothing can be done because she hasn't specified in her will to pull the plug. Needless to say as soon as I found this out I made it very clear to ALL of my family I didn't want to go like this.

I would agree a large part has to do with religion saying that suicide is bad but even more so could be the profits that are made by hospitals and those that work with them that keep these people alive unecessarily. At the very least allow them to remove life support and let them die naturally if that was a wish of the affected person.

Tiger Moth said:

" All this of course goes back to religion where the catholic church says that suicide is a capitol sin and you will go to hell for it. The obvious reason being that when the people are so oppressed that they have nothing to live for the church must keep theem alive otherwise they have nobody to oppress."

Why so cynical? I am sure if you produced legal documents showing the church would inherit any money and possessions you had upon your death an exception could be made.

:):) :)

Hi!

Why so cynical? I am sure if you produced legal documents showing the church would inherit any money and possessions you had upon your death an exception could be made.

If they are going to die anyway there would be no need for this. The church can just wait for the money.

regards

ALHOLK

asiafun said:

I would agree a large part has to do with religion saying that suicide is bad but even more so could be the profits that are made by hospitals and those that work with them that keep these people alive unecessarily. At the very least allow them to remove life support and let them die naturally if that was a wish of the affected person.

Most hospitals in Sweden are tax funded so that would not be an issue here. I believe that is allowed to remove life support here as long as they do not do anything actively to kill the patient.

there was a recent case here in the UK where a dying Woman went to Switzerland (i think) to one of the Clinics which help you end your life.

obviously you have to be vetted and interviewed and stuff like that.

but for a long time her Husband was hounded by the Police and there was every chance that he was going to be proscuted for aiding her suicide.

but they had to let him off because he never left the UK and travel with her.

and i remember another case a few Months back when a Man of 100 smothered his dying Wife after she asked him to put her out of her misery and free her from Years of pain.

he was arrested and again had the threat of prison hanging over his head.........what would be the point of jailing a Man of 100?.

Archived