How to write in Thai on board

Can some kind person please help me? I keep getting e-mail from people asking about writing Thai. I did a search here already "write Thai" but only came up with the following:

"to add the key board function, go to control panel, then double click on the keyboard icon, then click add language, scroll down to Thai, and you should be home! Then you need a Thai keyboard"

I sent this to the person asking. He said in Win 95 this was no problem but it didn't work for Win ME.

Is there anyone using Win ME who can type Thai (I don't mean people using Win Thai Edition).

Also, Am I right in saying Win 2000 and Win XP all have Thai ready installed for everyone around the world?

Thanks for any help. I guess this is a questions asked here often but I can't find the answer.

quote:

Originally posted by Nattawud:

Is there anyone using Win ME who can type Thai (I don't mean people using Win Thai Edition)

Yes, I am using Win ME English version...But I use it with Thai Master'95. No problems.

Thanks daeng bireley for the quick reply. All I need now is to find out about Win ME. One person who has it says he can't follow the instructions about the languages for the keyboard. Win ME seems to be different. No Thai.

Also, do you know about Thai Master? Would that help?

Thanks again.

quote:

Originally posted by Nattawud:

"to add the key board function, go to control panel, then double click on the keyboard icon, then click add language, scroll down to Thai, and you should be home! Then you need a Thai keyboard"

I read this with great interest and tried it. But I don't have "thai" listed as a keyboard language option in my Windows 98 SE. What to do??

I am running a laptop and I would plug in an external keyboard.

Thanks,

Zane

Hi,

If the thai option is not available, it means you have to install the latest internet explorer available, and then go to windowsupdate and download thai language support.

HTH

Wouter Dijkslag

Dan,

Whats the advantage of thaimaster ?

Is this something I should have?

I dont seem to have any problems. Ive had thai versions and english versions set up to operate with thai fonts and keyboard.

I dont use thai versions any more they seemed to be more unstable than the english versions.( Crashing even more often than english vers.)

Archived