koot hinpoon???

awayguy

I got this in a mail from xxx.

wan nii xxx pai koot hinpoon maa kha seaw fan maak loiy

Does anyone know what "koot hinpoon" means?

(sorry, I'm stuck in Sweden without a dictionary - like being up a creek without a paddle, but even less fun)

Don't tell me it means she got a tatoo!

quote:

Does anyone know what "koot hinpoon" means?

she had the enamel cleaned on her teeth today. it should look nice and white now. she said it made her shivver when her teeth were being cleaned.

wan nii xxx pai koot hinpoon maa kha seaw fan maak loiy

"Today I went and had my teeth cleaned, (my) teeth are extremely sensitive".

KHOOT HIN® POON.....KHOOT means to dig or scrape. HIN alone is rock or stone. POON...I'm not exactly sure what this word means by itself, because I only hear it used with HIN or with POON SEE-MENT to describe cement (powdered form)

HIN® POON....tartar

It seems that the English word "CLEANING" is also widely understood to mean a dental cleaning.

SEEO® FAN....teeth are "sensitive". I mistakenly posted earlier that the word SEEO® meant "horny", but apparently it is an idiom meaning sensitive in a good way, or a bad way in this case. My guess is that anything that would give you "goose bumps" is considered to be "SEEO".

Any one know how to say "goose bumps" in Thai? The one expression I have heard for this is "NANG® GAI(l)".

Any one know how to say "horny" in Thai, other than "MEE AH-ROM(l)? I mean "horny" as in wanting sex immediately, not "NGIAN(f)" meaning "horny all the time".

By the way, you are lucky that your girlfriend is responsible enough to see to her own teeth cleaning. I have to twist my girl's arm to do this on her own.

quote:

Originally posted by luckyfarang:

...POON...I'm not exactly sure what this word means by itself...

...Any one know how to say "goose bumps" in Thai? The one expression I have heard for this is "NANG® GAI(l)"...

Hi Luckyfarang,

Poon - ปูน - calcium oxide (lime), mortar, plaster.

Goose bumps (n., v.) - KON LOOK - ขนลุก

eg มันทำให้ฉันขนลุก - It gave me goose bumps.

Haven't heard of NANG GAI for goose bumps. My dictionary just translates NANG GAI as wrinkled skin. Maybe its another name for goose bumps?

Hope that's of some help.

[ January 30, 2002: Message edited by: Boo Radley ]

Yes, I forgot about KHON LOOK. Doesn't that also mean "your hair is standing on end?" That's what happens when you're away from Thailand for more than a year. I only get to practice my speaking in my weekly chat with my lady and in the occasional Thai restaurant.

I believe NANG GAI is slang for the same thing. Ask around and let me know if I'm wrong.

Since I don't read Thai yet, I have trouble using the Thai-English half of the dictionary, and I doubt "goose bumps" would be listed.

Archived