My Trip in September?

elfman36

Alright, I've planned this trip of a lifetime for mid-Sept.... and from all I've read, basically the following is ocurring in BKK;

1: Most bars, go-go's, in Nana, Soi Cowboy, Patpong, and the Artists are closing early.

2: Thermae, Nana disco are either closed for "painting" or are closing early too.

3: The nudity, or in some cases dancing on stage has been limited.

Is this "basically" all that's happening? If still in effect, do I still have other options open to me for Sanuk such as the M.P.'s, Eden's, and an early visit to the above mentioned Bars/Go-Go's? I'm not a guy prone to panic, but I'd like a clear, concise "wrap-up" of what'll probably be available for me to do, and if I'll get arrested for doing it... wink.gif" border="0

Could someone give me that info, if at all possible. I'd be happy to repay with a couple of cold-ones when I arrive.

Thanks a lot, and all I can say to those of you who are on the front-lines in Thailand is that those of us who use this board for info really, really, REALLY appreciate all that you provide for us.

Cheers,

Elfman

Not to worry Elfman...you'll have fun

Just got back from 2 weeks in LOS (Bangkok and Phuket) Yes, places were closing at 1am, the simple solution is to start a little earlier. Look on the bright side - an extra hour in bed, either alone or with the person of your choice.....

I noticed a little more caution with the shows, but no significant reduction/removal of original content. The massage parlors seem to be unaffected, they were even open on the recent Queens birthday, when virtually everything (certainly serving alcohol) was shut. Phuket was a little more subuded, some of the bars (eg, flash-a-go-go and rock hard) had been closed for "lewd behaviour", they reopened when we were there and I can confirm that the show at flash was as lewd as ever!

Never fear - you'll be spoilt for choice..

Thanks guys:

That's pretty much what I figured. I know, as most things go, people tend to fan the flames of the fantastic. In general, things seemed to be the way I described above: early closings, more "clothed" dancers, etc;

It makes me feel great to know it'll generally be BKK as usual.

Cheers,

Elfman

Archived