Boxing: Taylor vs Hopkins

Tiger Moth

First of all, for those of us in BKK, the fight will be broadcast on UBC Super Sports at 9am tomorrow.

This is the best of boxing in my opinion. Because, no one knows who will win. I just read the opinions of many boxing experts on SecondsOut.com and most pick Taylor. This is the safe choice in my opinion considering the age of each fighter and the first fight.

I am a Hopkins fan (and a Philadelphia fighter fan to begin with). But, I was very disappointed in Hopkins in the first fight. Dancing around and feinting don't do it in my opinion. And this is what BH did for the first 4 or 5 rounds. So, I scored those rounds for Taylor and felt round by round (the way fights are scored) Taylor won.

But, it was obvious that Hopkins dominated the end of the fight in the latter rounds.

So, who will win this time?

Some go by the old adage that when I fighter becomes champion he improves by 30% and pick Taylor.

However, I feel that someone who defended the middleweight championship a record 20 times (and spend 5 years in jail) will again find the anger that must have been fueling him for the last 15 years and will win.

But, I could see the young strong Taylor coming out an confident and kicking BH's ass.

This is what makes the fight so exciting and compelling.

My pick, BH by TKO in the 11th round.

Archived