Taksin dons cap to HM The King - drops lawsuit

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/breakingnews.php?id=66213

Credit where credit is due... Taksin has droped his 2 billion Baht law suit against Sondhi, in light of the Kings speach advising the premier to take critisism on the jaw and not listen to his lawyers advice to sue constantly.

he probably would have won, wouldnt he? He had an army of top courtroom brawlers backing him up... A pottential 2 billion baht is a huge gesture of good will towards the King.

A friend was owed big money by a former employer, who flat out refused to pay. He finally took the guy to court, but it became obvious his lawyer wasn't trying very hard and deliberately lost the suit. The judge (a woman) realised what must have happened and called them both into her chambers. (The ex-employer had bribed the lawyer to lose the case!) She informed the lawyer that unless he appealled -- and did so at his own expense -- she was going to see to it that he was disbarred! The lawyer did as he was told and the second time showed how the contract clearly stated the employer had to pay. My friend got his missing pay, something like an 80,000 baht on top for damages, plus the tightwad boss had to pay the lawyer's fees. Of course, t took nearly 1 1/2 years to get thing settled.

The courts, lawyers and judges are indeed governed by cannons of ethics and morality codes, but they dont adheir to them, do they? As long as I have a hole in my arse, they will allways have a sinister, corupt edge to them! Taksin would have brought a veritable army of world class lawyers to the courts, couple that with his massive influence (he is after all the richest man in Thailand and also the premier), and I'll bet he would have won. And to be fair, dont forget he had a good case... and someone had to win. Billions of baht at stake here, billions - and he has walked away from it, and failed to shut up his main pain in the arse critic, choosing instead to pay a little respect to HM King's opinions. Fair play, i reckon. I'm allright with Taksin, and dont think he's a bad bloke at all. Just a quality business man who has applied his shrewd forward thinking mind set to politics, in order to win, however bent that may look to us at times.

Then again, i know fuck all about Thai politics, so this is me appologising if I'm talking out of my backside...

Archived