Extension of multiple entry tourist visa

tilac

Hi,

Last time when I was in farangland the Thai Embassy gave me to my pleasant surprise a multiple entry tourist visa (3 entries), it did cost me 90 Euros.

Now Im almost at the end of my 1st entry and I wonder if I can extend this with 1 month at the Immigration office in Bangkok, so I can save the trip to Cambodia for another month.

I did it last yr but then I was on a single-entry tourist visa.

Then it was an easy procedure, with 2000 Baht and a passport photo it took 30 min to extend.

I will be going to the Immigration Office soon anyway to check it out, but when somebody got experience with this I would be happy to hear about it.

Cheers

Tilac

'...a multiple entry tourist visa'???

I'm confused...or maybe you are...I've not heard of a multi-entry tourist visa....

Do you mean that you obtained _three_ entry tourist visas prior to coming to Thailand? This is more likely...and if so, each visa is valid for 60-days, with an option to extend it another 30-days (for a fee). Once the visa is about to expire (whether at 60-days..or if you'd obtained the extra 30-day extension), then go to Cambo or some other border. Upon return to Thailand use the second of the three tourist visas and repeat the depart/return process for the third visa.

Best that you check with Immigration....show them you PPort and visas and ask them what your situation is.

Well Im getting used to answer my own questions here, so there we go:

* Succesfull extension of my visa at Suan Plu Immigration Office

* Basically it was the same as the previous time I did it, only this time it took 20 min instead of 30 min !

* They have an information desk now at the enterance with some helpful (and very cute) english speaking girls (they seem students to me, LOL).

* So fill in the extension form, make copies of yr relevant passport pages, take a passport picture and 1900 B and goto counter number 3

* You will get a numbered ticket from them and after a while yr number gets on the display and you can pick up yr passport.

Cheers

Tilac

Well actually its more like 3 times 90 days:

* Day 1: Enter TH and get a stamp for 60 days

* Day 60/150/240 (or before): goto immigration office (in a TH town like bkk, pattaya and so on) and get extension for another 30 days.

* Day 90/180 (or before): re-entry, leave the country (and return the same day if you want) and get a stamp for 60 days again.

So with a triple entry tourist visa you are allowed 270 days, but every 90 days you have to leave TH and re-enter !

Cheers

Tilac

P.S. The staff at the Thai Consulate in my country told me that one could get a 1 yr visa (but with re-entry every 90 days also) if you:

* Are legally married for TH law with a Thai citizen

and / or

* Above 50

and /or

* Have a valid rent contract at a Thai Adress in your name, you must provide an English translation.

So this doesnt look that bad and better than having to do a visa-run every month.

tilac,

what is your country?

I didn't know about the rental contract would help secure a multi-entry visa..Good to know if vaild

I was able to secure one in the USA my last trip but so often is an indicator of what winds are blowing at the time..

Never sure about what lies ahead..

3 years short of 50 and just tired of teaching english just for the work permit..

I think if you marry, one can easily obtain a residence visa back up by some funds in a thai bank account

CB

Mate, inn general your specifics don't fit the mold. Most of your iussues are answere as part the the Thaivisa stuff. I'd have a look etc. I.E. the over 50 O-A long stay retirement visa has many many more issues within. Like for that one you don't have to leave thialand, just report in if you stay mopre that 90 days.....Have a good look mate. the real resouce for that stuff her is the latest twists and places to apply is what you get from the members... the Thaivisa pages are prett accurate......pretty good so have alook!

Archived