Singapore to Nakhon Si Thammarat

Pharcyde

Hi,

I have to get from Singapore to Nakhon Si. How do I go about it?

Do yall know about any airlines that fly that route ?(I know its unlikely).

Also I am considering to fly to the other nearest thai town adjacent to Nakhon Si. What town would that be?

Can I fly there, or do I really have to take the bus?

Any Ideas?

Cheers,

PC

Sorry being a bit late, but probably Surat Thani would've been a shorter ride to Nakhon Si.

From Hat Yai it should be about 2 hrs max 3 on the bus.

When are you planning to travel? Roads may be seriously f***ed up at the moment due to heavy rainfall. Downtown Hat Yai is flooded right now.

Things should be back to normal by than.

You may consider getting a privat car up to Nakhon, pending on what your budget is?

Spending any night time in Hat Yai by any chance? If so, I can help you out with info, otherwise very interested to know if you will be able to research the NST nightlife.

Good luck however with whatever brings you down there.

I did Hat Yai to Nakhon Si Thammarat last week in the pouring rain! Made it out about 3 days before Hat Yai was flooded, so lucky!

Fly Tiger Airways from Singapore to Hat Yai.

Yes, you can get a minibus from Hat Yai to NST, but they're cramped and more dangerous. Get the big bus.

Go to Hat Yai Bus Station (ask for the "baw kaw sor") from the airport. At stand number 19 at the bus station (no signs in English) there is a bus from Hat Yai to NST about every 30 minutes or so. Some aircon, some not - but at this time of year doesn't really matter. There is also a through bus a couple of times a day from Hat Yai to Koh Samui, which passes through NST. I got one of these at 10.30am, and it was about 3 hours up to NST and very comfortable. Ticket is about 102 baht and you buy it on the bus itself.

Hope this helps.

Moo Noi.

Excellent info here Moo Noi. Thank you!

@ limbo. I am going to attend a conference organised by my university and a uni in Nakhon Si. I booked my tix so that I got a day before and after the conference. That way I am sure that there will be some time to sample a bit or two of the local life out there.

Yes!

Archived