Thai Language Schools in Bangkok

Well, today I'm motivated, will go to the Thong Lor one since its near my humble abode. Getting tired of talking to people like Stickman who have been here 10 fuckin min's and speaks Thai so well my girlfriend goes all wet around the crotch after talking to him ( can't be the fact that he's 20 years younger and marginally better looking) So wil get off my fat arse and go and see them.

Thanks for the inspiration

Just a quick note about union language school. Even though the head mistress was probably running a concentration camp before this school they do seem to get results. People I know who have gone there were reading newspapers in 6 to 7 months and some were passed the grade 6 exam in a year. The teachers are dedicated but unless you don't mind feeling like your back in grade school give it a miss. Also, classes star painfully early and as already mentioned there are no afternoon or evening classes.

• 2 weeks later...

I was today contacted by the manager of Pro Language school regarding my posting of the following

quote:

I disembarked at Asoke station to have a look at two relative newcomers to the Thai language scene – Pro Language, on the 10th floor of Times Square Building, and Somchart Thai Language School in soi 19. Walking into Pro Language school (I kid you not), there was a Korean gentleman demanding a refund and getting quite unhappy about it. This didn’t fill me with much hope of being put firmly on the road to Thai fluency, but I sat down and watched the cabaret anyway.

In all fairness, the Thai staff handled the situation with great professionalism and before too long, the Korean stopped jumping up and down and became human again. I was impressed.

She would like it said that a customer banging his fist on the counter and saying "give me back my money" does not actually constitute a dissatisfied customer.

Such is life I suppose when you are involved on the cutting edge of journalism.

Yes, it's on my website, but I get the impression that one of the farang teachers told her about it.

I did point out to her that apart from the unfortunate incident with the Korean - the report on Pro language school was glowing.

Then she made the mistake of asking me if I approved of the school's motto which is 'fun and enjoyable' - to which I answered no. It's like saying something was 'tasty and delicious'. The words are too close in meaning. That also pissed her off.

quote:

Originally posted by john:

Yes agree Somchart is a good experience. all the girls were lovely. The manager Chutima is very committed. I booked. The price is amazing. I booked 60 lessons

I totally agree that Somchart is a nice place with very friendly teachers who make learning Thai fun. They also offer 40 hours of classes for about B7900. Their "text book" could have been improved I thought but the price (for about 40 xeroxed pages) was about 75 baht I think. Teachers get an A+ for making it interesting!!!

Sukhumvit,

I have met the pro language manager, and she seemed to be a very capable manager. She or anyone else just like us can access this board. She or any other local service-providing company has a much greater incentive to keep abreast of what is being said of their services. We are interacting here for social need; they interact for business reasons. Who has more at stake?null

Archived