Sausages

The_Munchmaster

The_Munchmaster said:

Didn't have a chance to check out The Emporium but will next time.

The sausage rolls at The Office on Soi 33 are highly recommended.

Food Glorious Food has a counter/kiosk in the new Emporium. It's filled with sausages, fresh meats, imported deli meats and cheeses, and everything is beautiful. They had 6-8 different types of sausages and all looked yummy.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lazyphil said:

These are famous round these parts, maybe they ship?....keep in mind this is a horse racing town, now i'm not suggesting they collect meat from the knackers yard....but, who knows ::

Heard there is an award winning sausage shop in Baldock?

Its "Kent Corkers"for me :p!

I could quite happily live on them.

• 1 month later...

BIg C, come on you are joking right? I am afraid noone seems to to make reasonably priced good sausages here. Sure the ones at the Emporium are good but look at the price ? Jesus. like 800 baht a kilo. Food Glorious I would have thought would be good but the one time I tried them there was more fat that sausage, 15 mins on the grill and John Holmes turned into one like mine. The ones sold at Villa, similar, way too much fat, Porks cheap here, why can't they make a reasonably fat free porker? Every time I go back to OZ I buy a big pack and gorge my way through them each morning.

Surely there's a business opportunity there. Just get a Thai butcher together with sausage stuffing machine and a few well chosen herbs and spices - you are in business.

I had similar thoughts when in Oz - seemed like all their bangers were very bland unless you paid top dollar.

From memory the English butcher guy in Hua Hin did quite good sausages, as well as Great Pies BUT he's in Hua Hin. I mean it ain't that difficult to make good bangers. I suspect quality problem is commercial, if you are selling them directly and you have some volume you would do OK. If like most you have no distribution other than Retail outlets and in particular Villa, you are gonna get screwed on price so they cut the quality.

German deli and Cafe in Udon Thani (Rauch Kate), Adunyadet road, behind Robinsons, does great bratwurst and a few other delicious delicacies.

OK, Not BKK.

And they do great brown bread, and gurkins, and speck ('Bacon' but german style)

"(Rauch Kate)" doesn't mean " Samoke Kate", e.g. suck your friend Kate until ..., but smoked Kate, German word for .. (pork, bacon etc????)

There is an excellent gourmet meat and cheese and specialty food store on Suk. soi 71 (Phra Khanong) It is about 2 kilometers down 71 fron Suk. on the left, somewhere between side-soi 27 and 31.

I was in there a few days ago and they hade a large selection of handmade sausages, though sadly, no Italian.

Not inexpensive, 90% of their business is high end hotels and restaurants.

Archived