Frenchman stabbed by angry Thai wife

BuffHello

Frenchman is stabbed while

beating Thai wife

A Frenchman who was beating his Thai wife stopped when she seized a knife and stabbed him.

Stephane Pasqvier, a French national aged 30, suffered stab wounds to his shoulder and right buttock. After medical treatment he was declared out of critical condition.

Pasqvier told officers that he had been in an argument and a slapping match with Miss Chanthana Hinnok, 23, his Thai wife who then stabbed him. The fight happened at Cycle Court in the Pattaya Klang district. Chanthana gave herself up to the police.

Chanthana, who had also suffered injuries, told officers sorrowfully the reason she injured her boyfriend. She said that they had been together for about a year but had many quarrels. Her first foreign boyfriend who knew her present boyfriend was always encouraging him to break off the relationship.

Recently Stephane had become more jealous and arguments broke out between them. They had rented the apartment where the incident had occurred. Chanthana said that lately Stephane had been sleeping around with other women and didn?t come home very often. She wanted to break off the relationship and another argument broke out. She told officers that every time they had an argument Stephane resorted to beating her, resulting in injury. She filed a police report but withdrew it when Stephane asked her to forgive him.

After a while the arguments got more severe and she was beaten daily and eventually had to go and stay with a friend. On returning to collect her belongings she found that Stephane had brought a Thai girl back to the apartment and another argument broke out. Stephane proceeded to beat her and tried to strangle her. She took the knife used for peeling fruit that she had carried out of the kitchen and stabbed him before running downstairs to give herself up at the police station, while someone took Stephane to the hospital.

Police inspected the premises and took Chanthana for medical treatment, as she may be pregnant. If she is, the fetus may have been injured through the constant beatings that she has endured. Officers will question the couple again and affirm that they will be justified in bringing the highest possible charges.

Just wondering if the thai court system is experienced enough and grounded in fairness and justice principles to even handle a case like this...

My guess is very few women when a victim as domestic violence make their cases public through the court...

I also have a hunch that courts would be very chavenistic (sp?) in their rulings and would favor the man on average unless overwhelming evidence just can't be overlooked....

It doesn't bold well that thailand I believe has a very high level of domestic violence not from ploice reports and the courts but from surveys...

These types of cases can be even more complex and difficult ro sort out than fraud, robbery, murder, etc., cases.

Who presses charges? He for attempted murder and she for domestic battery intent to cause bodily harm?

I do get a kick out of how the column was wriitten obviously ladden with inaccuracies. It refers to her as his wife but he as her boyfriend? Then it mentions that current BF who is thai says that this is her first foreign relationship. Hmm.so is it okay to keep one's current bf if she gets involved with a foreigner? It sure makes it sound like such...

Why i in no way condone this guy's actions (i don't doubt it at all he was whoring around - probably how he met her?), this case smells like it was all about money from the start meaning she stayed in the relationship (some relationship) because he was financially supporting her, maybe her family? and maybe even her current thai BF/his family?

This type of case surely supports the camp of is it wise to get involved with a foreign culture and probably with dramatic socio-econ differences? I am not siding with the guy nor the girl...

She just made a bad choice...Instead of getting the usual passive nice guy walking ATM, she found herself a money tree that abused his power position over her physically if not also psychologically....

I would of thought he would have met his demise from a pack of thai guys in a dark alley one night much earlier in their relationship yet as i said, maybe she justified the beatings and his treatment in her mind to the financial support she was getting? No foreign man, no money?

CB

Archived