Sony T7 Compact Digital Camera?

Solomick

HI Guy's,

Anybody have one of these or has a point of view on it?

Thinking about picking one up on the 3rd in duty free on way back to work. Looks a good camera size wise, but all the reports I've read online or pretty non discript on it's picture quality.

Any suggestions or alternatives would be appriatated.

This is the only camera thin enough you might be able to put in your pocket without it bulging; 1cm thick for the most part. Thus it is the only camera on the market that interests me because I want a camera I can slip in my pocket and not notice. But I am waiting for a follow on or someone else to make one this thin because:

-picture quality reviews are spotty; some say it is good and some say it is poor. it has its hardest time in low light and has a very weak flash due to the tiny battery.

-while the camera is compact, there is a rats nest of cables, docking station, power brick, charger, and other bulky junk you need to bring on the road and try not to lose.

-because it is sony, you are stuck with proprietary, overpriced, and technologically inferior memory sticks and batteries.

-some say the lense cover tends to accidentally flip open when walking with it in your pant pocket which turns it on and drains the battery life which is small to begin with due to its tiny size.

You can buy them in Bangkok for 17000 baht. You can buy them in the USA for 14000 baht. This is rare that you only get reamed 3000 baht for buying in Thailand; usually the price disparity is much worse. Though note you will get reamed on memory sticks buying them in Thailand. Duty free may very well be the worst place to get things price wise. Never assume anything on price; do the research.

You can buy them in Bangkok for 17000 baht. You can buy them in the USA for 14000 baht. This is rare that you only get reamed 3000 baht for buying in Thailand; usually the price disparity is much worse.

I bought one at The Emporium a few weeks ago. The girl I bought it for said she'd done her due dilligence and the price in the US was the same, therefore her sponsor would send money for it rather than bring one from the states. But, you see, her sponsor is not very reliable and doesn't always buy her all the things he says he will, so what was I to do?

Plus, it was cheaper than the Nokia titanium phone. And besides, she said, "Honey, if you gonna pay that much, you should buy me gold because if I have problem I can use the gold but I can't do anything with the phone."

So the Sony T7 seemed like a reasonable purchase. ::

The first few photos we took are on my hard drive, and I'd have to say that they are decent. All the indecent ones were left on her camera, unfortunately. :banghead:

I'd like her to email me some photos, but she doesn't yet have a PC or internet access and, with her sponsor being so unreliable, I'm afraid to ask. :)

Archived