Free Thai lessons

bkkgeorge

Firstly, regional accents I can't pick...although it's easy to pick the slang of an uneducated issan speaking thai.. more abbrasive and not so polite.. Would be interested to know if anyone can pick up on the accents though ,maybe that comes in time.

Secondly, I don't imagine that you forget a native language. Think about it. If you stayed here for 10 years, would you go home and speak your native tongue in an awkward manner? Interesting question really, because I know that sometimes when I speak English here it is modified for thai understanding at times (terrible habit) and you tell your best mate at the restaurant that 'I not want noodles'...People back home would think you were a moron if they'd heard you. I guess it could be an easy mistake to apply thai grammer to English if you are habitually speaking thai often and that could produce some interesting results.

cheers

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Secondly, I don't imagine that you forget a native language. Think about it. If you stayed here for 10 years, would you go home and speak your native tongue in an awkward manner? I

Meet this Loser on friday night. loud mouth american. came up to us and asked us(6 board members) to ask him a questions since he was the self-proclaimed thai expert. He said he knew everything. been here 34 years and could not speak a word of thai. what an idiot

Archived