Day 5 Buddha and the Beer bars

asiafun

Day 5 Buddha and the Beer bars

Rise n shine and off to Simple Simons for some great breakfast. This place is just down the Soi from the Jom Tien Thani Hotel. It has decent service and the food is really good. I had Thai and Brit food here and they were both well prepared. The burgers were not that great though and the small burger was really small. Other than that I will give Simple Simons two thumbs up!

I hired a private Baht bus to take me up to the Buddhist temple on Lookout Hill. Not many people were here but those that did show were like me and more about the tourism and not in the way of religion. It did seem that there was a Thai couple of appeared to be making a kind of show or documentary about Buddhist temples.

On this trip I learned more about the different faces of Buddha and that there were Buddha?s for the different days of the week and more than one in a day. I was also told I was the reclining Buddha. I tried to get a tarot reading done for shit n giggles but the guy who does it must have still been hung over from the night before as the elderly cleaning lady said he was still asleep. I picked up some jewelry (a gold Buddha amulet for good health) and other trinkets that were blessed by the monks?Lord knows I can use all of the supernatural help I can get and moved on to the Chinese Garden area.

The Chinese garden had a number of monuments to the Goddess of Mercy, some war heroes from the past dynasties, a series of murals depicting the acts of kindness, respect and charity that children in china?s past displayed to their parents and a shrine or such to I think Confucius.

Next I went to the next hill that had a memorial and statue to the admiral prince related to Kind Rama IV I believe. Really not much here but it gives you a chance to blow up some fireworks and enjoy the view overlooking Pattaya.

After this is was back down to Central road and walking street. I noticed that the katoeys were out fairly early on Walking Street but like vampires they seemed to hide in the shade and avoid the direct sunlight.

Whilst on Walking I also had the ?fortune? of catching the parade held by the Chamber of Commerce or some other business organization as most of the participants were business?s promoting themselves mixed in with some hot Thai/falang mixed gals. The guys? doing the biker thing on the Harleys and Harley-knock off?s helped liven the parade up a bit and there were some nice rides in attendance.

After the parade I dropped in the ?Time Out? gelato store to enjoy some ice cream and chat up two cuties that were hanging out. Minutes later the store manager showed and I ended up chatting with her. Nice gal but it was time to move on as I had some errands to take care of. Maybe next time.

I searched for a watch repair shop but found none so I headed back to the hotel for a breather. By 7PM I was back at it and enjoying the wonderful food and atmosphere of the Ruan Talay restaurant just off the right side of central and slightly north of the Royal Garden Mall.

I have always enjoyed eating here and it makes a great place to bring a companion or a business associate. Another good one for such affairs is Sugar Hut. The selection of food items here is fantastic and they have never dorked up any of my selections. The presentation and taste is always wonderful. In addition to the meal you can enjoy the show that is put on by the traditional dancers and in the past I have seen the martial artist performers.

After dinner it was off to pick up some computer software and DVD?s. After that I stopped off at one of the beer bars along beach road and watched some Thai kids who looked about 9 years old kicking the crap out of each other. I had a few beers at some nameless stall with a couple average looking girls. It was odd as a few of the girls were not thrilled about kids as young as these being sent to fight in the ring at such a young age.

It was a late night by the time I got back and as I drifted off to sleep I had the first signs of a sore throat coming on. Hmmm I did not dine at the Y?

For the most part my time in Pattaya this trip was benign. I tried to focus on doing things that I normally do not have the time to do when I am there on business.

I will be back in Pattaya this Spring and am planning on breaking a few personal records in the bedroom olympics if thats any consolation.

:: :hubba: :beer::elephant::chili::yay::sex::condom:

I just finished up my december trip...still no definitive answer on when in Spring I will be there.

As far as february, it looks as if I will be forced to spend some time in the Philippines. They have the largest SM mall being built on the Clark SEZ. (An excuse to go to Angeles City)

Archived