Day 6 Christmas Eve and Armageddon in LOS

asiafun

Day 6 Christmas Eve and Armageddon in LOS

My sore throat progressed rapidly into a very uncomfortable situation and I knew by the time I dragged myself out of bed my first stop was going to be the pharmacy, well after the internet to research the right meds for the right symptoms. I also thought to myself what a great F?ing ?good health? amulet. One day wearing it and I am freaking sick as a dog.

It was almost 4PM by the time I got out of my room. I did the internet research and in a few minutes I was next door getting 200mg doses of Ofloxacin from the Chinese-Thai guy. When I need meds I go to the Chinese-Thais as they usually have their shit together when it comes to getting the right meds in the pharmacies.

After that I headed back to hotel to dress up a tad for the Christmas Eve Gala Dinner. It started at 6 but I was fashionably late with a 6:30 arrival and was seated in the right spot. Unfortunately not far enough from the speakers as they were blasting some really horrible music from a band that just was not quite up to standard. I am a pretty forgiving guy but these dudes just sucked.

I decided some beers were not the best thing to be taking with antibiotics so I stuck with cokes and waters SUCK! It was buffet time but as we all attempted to get our food the power kept going out to the light which was all well and good as the food really did not look all that appetizing anyway and the taste was bland in most cases.

As they attempted to fix the lighting over the buffet area they inadvertently killed all of the power to include the band?yeah!!!... but then when they came back on line the sound mixer reset and now they sounded even worse?crap! The band howled on for an hour and then they brought out the Thai traditional dancers. This part was not so bad and it was comical when they started to drag the farang guys and gals up to the stage to dance with them and make fools of themselves. I find it rather disturbing to see a 250-300 pound white whale trying to do the fluid hand and arm gestures like a lithe 80 pound Thai beauty. As the white whales arm flaps giggled in the moonlight I felt the uncontrollable urge to retch.

The band came back out and tortured us again with some bad attempts at classic rock such as Lynrd Skynrd, Credence Clearwater and that other oldies stuff. Not my favorite tunes but I know when it?s been butchered. I was trying to hold out for the door prizes but I had the epiphany that if everything to this point sucked balls then I was sure that the door prizes would to.

I gave up by 9PM and decided more rest was a smarter thing for me to do. I was not able to get any real sleep until well after 1AM as by 9:15PM Armageddon started as fireworks started being launched outside our hotel and they seemed to reach an altitude commensurate with my balcony before they exploded with the force and volume of a stick of dynamite causing the glass to shudder. This would have not been so bad had they not gone off in salvos of like 10 or 12 about every five or ten minutes.

I was sick and exhausted and finally succumbed to the sand man.

Archived