Meaning of Her Name

In the past I have seen a page that gives the English meaning of the girl's name. I can't find it now that I need it. Does anyone have the URL.

My gf name is Wanpen and short version is Pen. Do you know the meaning of her name?

being a name I think the wan would be วรรณ

meaning skin complexion.Like scum I believe pen เพ้ญ would mean full.Together,your guess

would be as good as mine.Ill have to get a dictionary of sanskrit borrowed words.

Very few thais know the meanings of many of these names especially bargirls etc.

p.s. Is it possible to read the thai on these boards without a thai operating system? smile.gif" border="0

"Full moon" is Chan Pen; the Chan is actually written Chandra in Thai and there's a restaurant on Rama 4 Rd. called Chandraphen.

I'm not sure how the "Wan" is spelled in Thai; it could be either "day" or "colour", or maybe something else still.

quote:

p.s. Is it possible to read the thai on these boards without a thai operating system?

Yes, I'm using IE5.5 with Thai language support installed, and Thai letters come through just fine. The web page comes with the Thai letters coded in Unicode using the "nnnn;" notation.

[ June 25, 2001: Message edited by: Mad Max ]

Thanks for the input.

I'll try 'Full Moon' and see what she likes.

Actually, she is not a bar girl but an owner of her own beauty saloon and when on dates she actually pays for part of the evening. A little different for me since I never had any girl pay a share.

Archived