I Really Need Some Long Time (as in days) Advice

Savittre

Hi Guys!

I met a girl I really like on Soi Cowboy. I'll be back in LOS in a few days, and I want to spend 4 days with her exclusively.

Basically we'll stay in Bangkok, I want to get her some clothes & shoes, something a little nicer, more ladylike than the ol' T Shirt & jeans routine. I also want to take her to some nice restaurants, more expensive than I usually go to, but the point is I want us to have some memorable meals, tasty food, Thai food for sure, but not exclusively. So here is what I need your ever excellent advice on:

-Besides shopping, restaurants, movies, does anyone have a good idea what will be fun? (Quiet at the back!)

-If she's off work, as I said, from Soi Cowboy, for 4 nights, what will the bar want as bar-fine compensation? It's 400 Baht for 1 night.

-I'm in LOS on holiday, I'm not a Bangkok ex-pat. Given that we'll do the things I outlined above, what is a fair amount of Baht to give her for 4 days of her company? I don't want to leave her feeling cheated, I also don't want to be an overpaying fool- no good for you all, or me! BTW, she stayed with me long time before, I gave her 2000 Baht, which I believe is within the 'fair' range, and she was definitely pleased with that. Her service was *so good*.

TIA for your input, I really don't want to make any mistakes with this!! laugh.gif" border="0

Besides the activities you already mentioned, bowling can also be a lot of fun. There are many new and beautiful bowling alleys around town, MBK, World Trade to name a few.

The bar will most certainly want the four days bar fine. 1600 B, not a whole lot of money.

Ironically, the more generous you are with her the bigger tip your new friend will probably expect. Don't think that because you've already spent one or two thousand baht per day (or more?) shopping with her that it will take the place of cold hard cash. I'd suggest giving her a 5000 B tip, if she likes you it will be OK.

Then again, even I will have to admit that when it comes to paying for pooying, I am kind of a cheapskate. I just figure that no girl I've ever known, here or anywhere else, was ever really satisfied, so why bother parting with more cash than is absolutely necessary? Just my opinion.

Good luck,

I trust you have already arranged with her for her to spend 4 days with you? No guarantees she'll be sitting in the bar waiting for you otherwise.

There's a good thread on restaurants near NEP in the food section. Try a river trip - express boat, dinner cruise, or up to Ayuthaya. Eat overlooking the river.

Savittre,

I'm a cheap Charly as well, would give her 1000 baht day plus barfine, considering you will lodge and feed her, buy some clothes, take her away from the bar scene (unless both of you still want to visit gogog's). She will be happy with that unless she's a spoiled stunner.

I spent one month (30 days) with a bg, paid 30x1000, all travel, food & lodging, a few presents, she manged to present me two times the bill for her room (1.600 baht). We just had one drink at her gogo the evening i picked her up. Did not pay barfine. was a mistake on her side, I think she taught she (we) could get away with it. Mabe she should have said she was going home for a month. I understand it's an income loss for the bar. Next month she was fined 6000 baht.

For 4 days you should pay the barfine..

Thank all of you so much for your input. I'm in Phnom Penh, and this place is f****** great, I am so glad I came! I fly back to LOS in a few days.

OK, a couple of points here:

- CondomKing- You suggest a 5000 Baht tip. By this you mean to give this to her at the end of our few days together, I think?

-Away Guy- I have not made definite arrangements regarding my plans. But she has e-mailed me, and I replied telling her the day and time I will show up at her place, she was concerned I wouldn't see her again. We'll just take it from there. If it's not on, I think I'll manage to have fun in Bangkok anyway. I always did before!!!! BTW, thanks for the pointer about the restaurant thread near NEP in the food section. The river trip also sounds good!

If I'm more generous, she may expect a bigger tip. That's something I'll keep in mind, when sizing her up!

I met her at the Raw Hide bar, BTW.

Last but certainly not least, I'd like to say that I was married before to a Chinese girl, we were living elsewhere in the Far East. I've been through all that nasty stuff with her family, I've lost my only child to them, so I know first hand how it feels. It is a minor miracle I came through it, believe me. Misery was redefined.

I've also read most of 'Private Dancer'.Again, Gents, thank you so much for your great ideas & advice! smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Savittre:

What is a fair amount of Baht to give her for 4 days of her company? I don't want to leave her feeling cheated, I also don't want to be an overpaying fool- no good for you all, or me! BTW, she stayed with me long time before, I gave her 2000 Baht, which I believe is within the 'fair' range, and she was definitely pleased with that. Her service was *so good*.

TIA for your input, I really don't want to make any mistakes with this!!
laugh.gif" border="0

Hello Savittre,

Thank you for at least wanting to be careful about the tip to the bg and not wanting to be an overspending newbie. Anything over 1,000 baht per day is excessive so hold the line there. BTW I have a Rawhide gf and that is what I give her.

I also think you should tone down the gifts and other lifestyle expenses. You just ask for trouble when you throw money around. You don't indear yourself to the girl. If you are too "generous" in your words you may unwittingly be "an overpaying fool." The biggest problem you will face, and to an extent you already have it because you overpaid her once, is that you will not know if she likes YOU. Or she just likes your baht. Short circuit that problem. Tell her up front you are going to give her 1,000 baht per day. She should be happy. If not get another girl.

I don't quite understand the intensity of "I really don't want to make any mistakes with this!!" Surely you are not so worried about the opinion of a Thai farm girl? I can see you are infatuated, but be realistic. In a pinch, protect your money. The challenge adds extra fun anyway.

BTW I also enjoy Phon Phen but I find it to be not cheap either. Don't think in prices of your home country and say "this is cheap." That is misleading. Think in LOS and Cambodia prices - what do the people there pay for goods and services? If you are way over their prices you are over spending.

It's an adventure all right. Look forward to a trip report.

Zane May

Hi Zane May,

Thanks for your input! I think your advice is seasoned- been there, done that- If I can explain, hopefully with the right words, so I'm correctly understood- It's not important to me if a person is white, black, gay, whore, from the countryside or the city- to me they are all human beings and I like to base any relationship I have on the principle of mutual respect. We all have hearts, feelings, etc., etc. As I've lived in East Asia for a long time, I know many local people over here think Caucasians think they are above them, so I take pains to show that that's not true, at least in my case. Then you have the bar girls, who are also looked down on by their own society, and for what? Because they want to help their families?

I'm pressed for time, I hope I've used the right words to let you understand where I'm coming from. I just try to be good-hearted. Thanks again!!! smile.gif" border="0

Archived