Day 7 The Tiger zoo crocs almost score!

asiafun

Day 7 the Tiger Zoo

By 11am I was hailing a baht bus and secured transport for the entire day for 1000 Baht. The main destination for the day was the Sriracha Tiger Zoo. It takes anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour to get there which is North of Pattaya.

Once my driver was clear what his instructions were, we procured our tickets. Being a Falang my ticket was 300 Baht. My two guests were something like a 100 total being they were not falang. We had a few minutes before the Croc show so it was a mad dash to catch as much as we could before it started.

First stop was the croc nursery and education center where they are raising over 60,000 newborns a year. I think it may be a bit high or perhaps I am misinterpreting the numbers but that?s what I saw. During the tour we saw the eggs being incubated and I had a chance to get my photo taken with two crocs about two feet long.

Next stop were the camels, wallaby?s and the scorpion lady. I was tempted to have a few of the buggers placed on me and have my photo taken but time was a wastin? and we decided to just move on.

The croc show was OK until the young croc handler nearly getting his leg snapped off by a very testy croc, then it started to get entertaining. He managed to just get out of the way each time but barely. At one point the thing had snagged his shorts and nearly pulled them completely off as he clambered out of the water. As he got back up on the ?island? he attempted to put on his shorts and run at the same time but slipped and busted his arse. The ladies seemed to think that was pretty hilarious.

After the show it was a quick trip to the croc fry stand for 5 sticks of fried croc meat for B100. The girls declined and I ended up with five sticks of meat that tasted like a cross between chicken and pork. Overall it was not that bad.

Next was the Tiger Show which the ladies really seemed to like. The show was much shorter than I remember from a few years ago and they did not have the full cast of animals. After the show it was too the elephants and to look at the tigers in their cages.

Once satisfied we made our way back to the entrance allowing my guests to pick up a couple of souvenirs and then we headed back to Pattaya and the Big C mall in the North.

We checked the movie schedule and found there was nothing we had not already seen and then it was window shopping time. That only lasted a few minutes as we realized we were famished and stopped at the MK restaurant. This place was packed and had some really cute gals in attendance. If you have never eaten at MK I would suggest it at least once.

The girls stuffed themselves and I was not shy about it either and despite our best efforts the bill was still only 500 baht.

After a little actual shopping it was back to the hotel for a ?break? and then it was a trip to the Royal garden Mall so the vixens could play dress up at the Ancient Photo Digital Studio on the second floor. The session set me back 4000 baht but it was worth it and the smiles were priceless.

After the photo session I stopped next door at the watch repair and dropped off some time pieces that had been giving me some issues. They would be ready the next day. So then it was dinner at the Wild Chicken. The food here has always been pretty good and the chance to check out the cute girls walking by even better. From the Wild chicken you can observe the katoeys doing a kind of variety show. It is surprising how many falang never catch on that some of the girls are not girls.

While we were enjoying our meal a couple of young Thai men came by in a very ratty Chinese dragon get up and put on a very half ass show for 20 baht handouts. I was not sure if it was a thinly veiled way of collecting protection money or they were ?scaring away the bad ghosts/pee?

We stopped off at the beer bar area by Marilyn?s, had some drinks, watched some guys pretend to beat the crap out of each other and then it was hotel time.

Archived