is there a real future for us?

on my 2 nd trip to thailand i met a nice girl who ive seen the first time to .

we stayde together for the whole month i stayed in thailand and we had some real good times . now i am back in my own country and we have regular contact by phone and email and we are talking about the big l. word

the problem now is if i am going to move to thailand or is she come living with me .....

my qeustion to all you is if you know any people who also live with tg in their own country and if the girls can get used to our western way of living.

maybe you all think i am a bit naiv to think that she realy loves me but i got a good feeling about that hope to get some good answers thanks... crazy.gif" border="0crazy.gif" border="0

null

Unless we speak generalities again, it is just impossible to answer your question, not knowing, you, your G/F and moreover, the 2 of you together. I know thai/farang couples who are doing fine after 8/9 years(1) and some who are just history and divorced. take your time, see what your g/f expects her life to be in a foreign country, or you in Thailand. read Worldwalker's post today in this thread, not much to help you, but food for thought. Good luck

(1) these are the couples where the TG really made one with her husband and never asked him to defer to her family or answer their every whim. Grown up people, in one word.

quote:

Originally posted by whosyourdaddy:

please dont tell me that is the only true reason why you would want to fly a stranger half way across the world to live with you..

Have a good think about this...

30 days is nothing.. dont waste you life on a 30 day fling

Avtually i have come to the conclusion long ago that the only way to solidify a relationship with b/g is not to wait and see. You just have to take your chances. Which takes me off the marrying game most likely, but for those who like a settled life, what i've seen around me showed that unless the guy starts rolling the carpet down (visa, $ allotments, frequent trips til' girl gets visa, etc...),any so-so commitment and promises will do as much as spitting in he water. Arguable but definitely IMO

Djyeppi,

"on my 2 nd trip to thailand i met a nice girl who ive seen the first time to . we stayde together for the whole month i stayed in thailand and we had some real good times"

This happens all the time and is not worldbreaking news. Now are you ready to move over to Thailand and live there with her for the rest of your life? Integrate yourself in her family, culture, language, food, traditions, climate, country???

What do you know about the girl? Her family? Do you know how important family relationships are over there and how they can represent a burden on your life? What do you know about Thai culture anyway?

Yes I do now couples (farngs married to tg's) living in Europe. I worked 10 years for an airline with most of our flights to Hong Kong and stopping in Bangkok on the way back. Quite some pilots and ground staff felt for asians. Most mariages are a disaster, a few are happy couples. Nothing is easy in life. None of the guys quit the company to live a poor life (financially I mean) over there.

It's my opinion that's what you need to do to be happy, or do you believe our western values are superior theirs? There is no receipt for happiness and falling in love with a tg is not going to make it easier.

Maybe you should explain more about your story. How did you meet her? What's her education? From what type of family is she from? What are her and yours expectations? Etc...

When reading the messages on this topic, I do realize what a lucky guy I been.

Stayed for 5 years with my G/F and finally make to move to work in the Far East and to marry my G/F. This is going to be 11 years now.

Pattaya127 is correct: there are many Thai/Farang couples that are doing fine and there are lots of marriage, which are a disaster after a couple of years.

Get to know your G/F, her family before jumping into conclusions.

Archived