Basic Question; Poo Yai means what??

So going one step further, to be very polite given the approriate situation... meeting someone elder and very much respected would be "poo pee name"...? No, that dosent sound right.

If you wanna be very polite with someone like the one you describes you wouldn`t use the word Pee, nor Khun but instead move up a level and use Taan.

Poo is usually used in juxtapositions.

cheers

hua nguu

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why the fuck would i want tio addresss any of these fuckerswith any measure iof respect? Im only asking as i thought it would beusefuill, but it aint isit? Cunts.

PEE CUNT. THERES WONE FOR YA. PEE CUNT SLAG BITCIH

Poo Yai basically just mean Adult or someone older.

Poo Yai Bahn is more of a title.

You would not say, is there a Poo Yai in the village? That would basically mean is there an adult in the village. Rather, you would rephrase the question as I need to see the poo yai bahn (head of the village). Khun and Poo is not really the same thing.

"Khun" basically means "You" in English, but a formal way.

Gair = You

Tur = You

Khun = You

Taan = You

Gair pai non = You go to sleep.

Tur pai non = You go to sleep.

Khun pai non = You go to sleep.

Tun pai non = You got to sleep.

chuckwoww said:

If you wanna be very polite with someone like the one you describes you wouldn`t use the word Pee, nor Khun but instead move up a level and use Taan.

hua nguu

But be careful how you use it. Address a taxi driver as taan and he might think you are taking the piss.

Sure would, however batty was specifically referring to:

meeting someone elder and very much respected

cheers

hua nguu

"Too late Batty. It's all over the internet."

Fucker when that happens, isnt it?

I managed to salvage a little respect by having two drunken/stupid posts deleted in other forums here, but forgot about this one...

Drunk in charge of a keyboard I'm afraid.... can hapen to the best of us, i hope you will agree. Then again; 'invirto en veritas' (probably incorrect spelling).... "out of wine comes truth"

URMine42Nite said:

Poo Yai basically just mean Adult or someone older.

Poo Yai Bahn is more of a title.

You would not say, is there a Poo Yai in the village? That would basically mean is there an adult in the village. Rather, you would rephrase the question as I need to see the poo yai bahn (head of the village). Khun and Poo is not really the same thing.

"Khun" basically means "You" in English, but a formal way.

Gair = You

Tur = You

Khun = You

Taan = You

Gair pai non = You go to sleep.

Tur pai non = You go to sleep.

Khun pai non = You go to sleep.

Tun pai non = You got to sleep.

Using various pronouns for "you" without stating under which circumstances they are to be used is not very useful to the initial poster and only serve to add confusion.

Other than that you are merely repeting what has already been said.

And I wonder how "Tun pai non" will translate to "you got to sleep"? Unless your transliteration is way off and you mean "Dtong"?

cheers

hua nguu

Archived