what to do?think my social security # stolen.

eee

I swear to budah someone was phishing for my info while filling out an application the other day. I'm usually pretty good about it but on this day I wasn't thinking. I think someone was really trying to get my info off my application. Later on I remember a lady next to me was using her camera phone facing toward the application and asking all kinds of question. I maybe paranoid but I like to be safe than sorry. What can I do to protect myself other than signing up with the credit monitering agency? eee

You should monitor all your existing accounts. Big problem is, if they open new accounts/new credit cards, you may not find out until it is too late.

There has been some info on the web about handling these types of situations. Do a Google seaqrch and see what you come up with.

The USA has some government websites that allow you to report such incidents.

I would alert the three credit rating companies and I think, but not sure, that you can put some type of password or other measure of security to stop new credit cards from being issued in your name.

For sure, from what I have read, once the damage is done, you will be in a world of hurt!

Sorry, I do not remember the specifics but the info is readily available.

Please post what solution you come up with, for the rest of us.

Archived