Are old flames in LOS best left un-re-visted???

I spent 6 torid weeks with a young lass i found on samui & dragged around the country , this was 18 months ago .

Now I find I will be back in LOS in a week or so. I told her when I left i would try to help her with a bit of cash, but i would not look after her & her whole family , I just could'nt afford it , I gave her some cash on 2 occasions after I came back to Oz , then she started with a dying Nephew story & some other stuff & I just opted out . I did'nt want to put up with this sort of stuff.

I want to visit her , she may be in Samui but her brother who I stayed with a lot ( with her also ) , is in BKK & I would not mind seeing him.

I am afraid he may hold me responsible for not looking after their whole family or something & stab me with a machete on site . I did say I would try & get back in a couple of months , but , well you know how it is .I don't think this girl had any other sponsers as she was in samui , young , shy & not super atractive ( does'nt sound good does it! ) , I got to know her very well , & I think she saw me as her families big chance.

Should I just not bother given the risk of psychosis or should I try & pay a visit & buy them all a beer & make happy ???

What do others think , likely out come? , death or tears of happiness???

[ October 06, 2001: Message edited by: zoot ]

There's lot going on in your post. I think you very likely might have been seen as her family's "big chance". Sounds like you haven't had contact for a while. I'd try to reestablish contact with her before just showing up unannounced and not know what you might be walking into. She and her brother might be pretty pissed at you, she might be in another relationship, even married. On the other hand, if they have no other options and you explain that you've been too busy to write, lost the address, whatever, they'll (she'll?) probably be more than happy to see you. Just give them a good bullshit story, it seems to be acceptable behavior in LOS.

I think what you have to decide is how far you want to go with this relationship. If you just want to hang out with this girl and her family when you come to Thailand every year or so and give them a couple of bucks every once in a while, they may go for that, but I think it would be wise to lay your cards on the table. If they think she's being used and abused you're just asking for trouble.

Zoot, unless you had attempted a crime towards them, thais will not hold a grudge on you, overtly, at least. Lying or not lying, the messages from that girl were telling you there has to be some material rewards/help for her if you guys have a relationship. If you see her again, you are just back to square 1. You have a good chance that she will accept being with you and not expect too much in any ways, but obviously you ran into a needy family and the $$ demands will be tied to your relationship. IMO, you want to have your cake and eat it too. Don't complicate your vacation, you already had a bummer (job) this year....

Thanx all , I am not going to bother going & finding her , I have limited time , energy , money & brain cells , so why waste it going over old minge , I am sure some others know what it's like with these girls , they can just stick in your heart , like an evil stickman or something!

Thanx again , & whats with the accusations of me being a BG?????!!!!! shocked.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0crazy.gif" border="0

I hope that was some type of Ozztraalian humour their? Otherwise I have been giving out some way wrong messages on this board! smile.gif" border="0

Take care.

I am still a newbie to this site, and I read about a lot of money expectations. Maybe you need to pay these girls for a "short time" instead of a "long time" so you get your needs met and they don't have time to get into you dome?

I am not sure I want to go to LOS. One of these SATANIC BG might try to POSSES me or something...... Whew!!!

Short time , long time , Mate I find they just want you to pay ALL THE TIME . Whilst your thinking about getting your hand in their pants all they are thinking of is getting theirs into your wallet!!

Walking ATM's -you will see this expression plenty on this board.Very apt.

& yes their are many satanic wenches , I am planning on seeing a few in the next week or so for some serious penance.

Take care. smile.gif" border="0

Hey zoot, the women in our home countries don't want us to pay "all the time"? Sure they do. And damned high prices at that. The difference is the fat sloshy beasts want it for themselves. Their mother can continue to eat cat food out of the can... I respect the family aspect of Thai lifestyle. The understanding nature of the Thais when it comes to foreigners is "lets try him". If it does not work then they act like you have done nothing wrong but they will try you. You come up broke all of a sudden on a western woman and see what happens. The dynamics are just a little different. If the Thai woman has a dying nephew, just say "wow, thats too bad". Usually they will not outright ask you. If they do then just say "cannot, no money me"(know your pidgin!). If they press it then move on to the bar on the left or the one to the right...

Mykal

The short answer is (IMHO)....... yes.

But I am sure you will do so anyway, and why not? Remember it is "up to you" (ie you will pay one way or another but the fun is that it is not ALWAYS unacceptably so)

Archived