Monthly Expenses

How much do you guys normally spend a month in hte LOS?

Rent?

Girls?

Food?

Girls?

Transportation?

Girls?

Utilities?

Girls?

Etc?

Give as much details as possible. Like for rent...how big is the place?Bedrooms?etc...

Food? How many time/where you eat?

Thanks in advance. Just want to make sure I can make my dream of living in LOS forever come true. smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Ajarnski:

How much do you guys normally spend a month in hte LOS?

There are perhaps some better, more general answers in places like ajarn.com, Bangkok Phil's site and Stickman's too, so fuck knows why I'm posting this. Perhaps I'm curious about others' personal experience too - here's mine:

Rent?

Anywhere from 2500 upwards. It sounds (I'm staking a wild guess here) that you'd like to live somewhere near Sukhumvit Soi4-23, so it's probably 5000+ for a reasonable studio place in that area. I've gone for some more comfort at the moment - better furnishings, superb view, daily cleaning, nice swimming pool, most mod cons, etc - so it's 15000 for me, although you can go as far as 64000 for a studio if you try Centrepoint. Try looking around.

Girls?

Depends on your self-control, level of Thai, how young you are, how nice the girls are, etc.. I think there's enough information on the rest of this site and others to answer your questions. Try Stickman's site.

Food?

You can get dishes from street vendors for 20-50 baht and from plush hotels and restaurants for 1500+. Often, the street food tastes better.

Girls?

Mmmm...

Transportation?

Taxis seem to be a creeping killer for me. Although they're very cheap and plentiful compared to my hometown of London, the fares seem to add up after a while. Go out to a few places a night and it seems to be 150-200 baht a day. Buses are much cheaper (5-15 baht) and just as fast/slow if you're in a traffic jam. The skytrain's often faster and cheaper too if you're travelling alone. If you're in a hurry to get somewhere it doesn't go, try motorcycle taxis. Never take tuk-tuks.

Girls?

You're just a pervert, aren't you?

Utilities?

Using the air-con all night seems to cost me around 200 baht, though you can buy a cheap fan for 600 to save money.

Girls?

Etc?

Give as much details as possible. Like for rent...how big is the place?Bedrooms?etc...

Food? How many time/where you eat?

Thanks in advance. Just want to make sure I can make my dream of living in LOS forever come true. smile.gif" border="0

Archived