US knife attack victim on Pattaya Beach

BuffHello

American man fighting for his life after late night knife attack on Pattaya Beach.

A shocking case of a violent assault now from Soi 7 which has already made the national press here in Thailand. Police Major Sirapop from Pattaya Police Station was called to Pattaya Beach Road at the front of Soi 7 in the early hours of Saturday Morning to investigate an assault on an American tourist. The man, who was rushed to the Pattaya Memorial Hospital, was identified as Mr. Tony Lindsey aged 44 from America. He had sustained multiple stab wounds to his groin, stomach and right arm. He is now in a critical but stable condition in hospital and is now undergoing emergency surgery. Witnesses mentioned seeing the man walk down Soi 7 towards the beachfront with a female, though to be a bar girl. A man approached on a motorbike and both the man and woman begun the vicious attack, which took place on the beach promenade. A Baht Bus driver, Khun Somkuan aged 45 saw the attack and took the badly injured man to hospital. The Thai man and woman fled on their Orange colored Yamaha Mio Motorbike. Police now have two theories regarding the attack. The first relates to the potential of a jealous attack from an ex-boyfriend of the bar girl and the second suggests the couple were working together and attacked the man in order to steal his possessions. The investigation continues.

Flashermac said:

Gee, I love Pattaya. I really need to visit it again, since I haven't been there since about 1987 ...

Makes me feel better about never having been to Catalina Island (which I can see out of my window now, and most places I've lived). Of course, Catalina doesn't have the reputation for shopping and seashell gathering that Pattaya does. ;)

Flashermac said:

Gee, I love Pattaya. I really need to visit it again, since I haven't been there since about 1987 ...

Funny, Flashermac, our paths seem to have crossed each other not only at Limelight but also by NOT going to Pattaya since 1987. Went there then with a stunningly pretty girl who didnt utter one single word during the whole trip. We stayed at the Royal Cliff and the whole thing was incredibly boring. And expensive as well.

Seems now to be the meeting place for the hooligans of this world, Pattaya I mean.

Flashermac,

"Gee, I love Pattaya. I really need to visit it again, since I haven't been there since about 1987 ..."

My experience is more current than yours. I stopped going there in the early '90s when all the falang were dying of the drug overdoses but their ATM cards kept going for days.

92 or 93?

Believe it or not, I stayed at the Royal Cliff in '87 too -- in the new wing. But it was free for me, since I was writing about the hotel. Took my Mrs with me and we were treated like royalty by the then manager, Alois Fassbind.

Got some amazed looks from punters and their gals when I told the baht bus driver to go to the Royal Cliff. Glad I wasn't paying for the hotel!

Archived