Info Golf Pattaya

Dr. Cop

Three of us are going to Pattaya for 10 days, want to play gold for at least 5 of those days.

How do we book Transportation to the Golf Courses with Three of us and the Golf Bags, I think a car would be to small???

Does anyone know anyone that can arrange the whole thing for us.. Book the courses, arrange trasportation to and from Etc. ::

Anyone recommend the best Courses to Play in and around Pattaya, Money not a factor....

Thanks... ::

Many beautiful course in Pattaya area. My favorite is Laem Chabang - 27 Nicklaus design. Also Pheonix, Eastern Star, St. Andrews2000 and Khao Kheow, Burapha, Pheonix etc.

Join Pattay Sports club - www.pattayasports.org for discounts. Use card 2 times and you will recoup the cost.

Most hotels can book a van for about 1500 baht return(total for all 3 people) or you can check the taxi services on Second road to get a similar deal with a van.

Many bars like Lewinski's and Kroneneburg arrange golf outings almost every other day. Ther are quite a few others too.

Definitely have to play Laem Chabang - one of the nicest courses anywhere and what a clubhouse!

adding to 'Buddy_Guy's' post...

There are over 20 courses in the greater area that are accessed from Pattaya. Check the Pattaya Sports Club (PSC)site, listed by 'buddy'...note the golf section...then the list of the area courses, all of which offer discounts to PSC members. The PSC golf section also lists some of the golfing bars, a schedule of where they are going and times of departure. All will have arranged shared transportation. And, do get a PSC membership, as it will save you on green fees.

Initial year's cost is 700-Bt (300-Bt registration + 400-Bt), and just 400-Bt for subsequent annual renewals.

Hiring a van for your 3-some will likely cost 12-1500-Bt for a R/T to any of the courses, price depending on distance from Pattaya.

But...there are many bars that organize daily golf trips and it is cheaper to play with them, rather than rent a van. Expanding on 'Buddy's comments:

Soi-Pattayaland3 has the following golfing bars:

-Lewenski's, Mulligans and Sugar Shack. I sometimes golf w/ SShack...they golf every M-W-F and provide transportation (costs about 200-Bt/person). They have a board listing that weeks course schedule. Just get to the bar by 8:30am on any golfing day. Good group...friendly golfers. No need to sign up in advance to play...just show up at the appointed time.

I should add that Lewinski's had been previously noted for having golfers that bet big and play to win. I don't golf there...

On Soi-Diana, there is Kronborg bar. on Mon & Thurs they have mini (friendly) tournaments. Arrive by 7:45-8am (depart to course at 8:15). Everyone pays 150-Bt and the total fund is given back to the days best players (1-2-3pl) in different handicap categories. Friendly golfers and transportation provided. You need to sign up in advance (at the bar) to play in the events. Sign up at least a week early as this is tourist season. Highly recommended.

Enjoy....

Archived