Where to find a good girl...

Lamock Chokaprret --

Agree! While I will tend to believe that it may be "harder" (no pun) to find a good girl in the scene, it's by no means impossible.. I will say that there is an extra layer of "pom-pam" that you'll have to deal with that is not usually found in non-BG prospects...

However, good girls can be found virtually everywhere and is not limited to selective socio-economic strata/classes... IMHO

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whereyouflom,

Your quest is not impossible nor is it really that difficult if you look in the right places. I agree with UPSer in that you should avoid the bars and look in regular retail stores.

I have a non-BG girlfriend who was working for my friend as a translator/secretary and was introduced to me by him. She now is going to college near Khon Kaen and has been selected for an exchange student program in Japan next year. Here is the deal with her:

- She NEVER lies to me.

- She never worked in a bar.

- She is presedent of the English Club at her college.

- She likes sex more than I do.

- She doesn't have a Thai boyfriend.

- She never asks me to give money to her family (poor farmers).

I consider her special, but hardly one-in-a-million. She knows many girls at her college who are also fed up with Thai men and want to meet some nice farang man, but have no idea how to go about it and are too shy even if they did. Anyway, my point being that there are plenty of non-BG Thai girls out there who would like to meet you if you just LOOK for them. Learing Thai might help because most of these girls don't speak very good English.

Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for.

- FB

Thanks for all your posts.

Hanging around department stores, on the off chance, that a girl maybe looking for a Farang, for me it seems unlikely, I mean how do ya' know if they're on the lookout?!

Thermae, I haven't been there before, but I've heard it's possible to meet a "normal" girl there (meaning non-bar girl).

quote:

Originally posted by Whereyouflom:

Thermae, I haven't been there before, but I've heard it's possible to meet a "normal" girl there (meaning non-bar girl).

Yep, that's right. Much better than learning a bit of Thai, a bit about Thai culture and keeping an eye out while pleasantly going about daily life.

Bibbles,

Thanks for the uppity post; I am interested in Thai culture as much as anyone - I am not someone who travels to a place like Thailand, & eats in a McDonalds restaurant i.e. travelling with my eyes shut. It makes me sick to the stomach seeing how some Westerners have such scant regard for Thai sensibilities & culture. I am always minded to obey the rules, aka "when in rome".

But this board is heavily centred upon the nightlife scene in Thailand, & that's why I posted here.

"Pleasantly carrying" on with daily life is all well & good, but while on holiday, ingratiating yourself with Thai girls, & the intricacies of Thai courtship is much more difficult - read nigh on in impossible - if you aren't an X-pat based in Thailand, as people have also mentioned here.

I admit to having indulged in the bar scene, but now I want to meet a girl who isn't involved in all of this, for obvious reasons.

Go-ahead & moralise all you like.

quote:

Originally posted by Whereyouflom:

Thanks for all your posts.

Hanging around department stores, on the off chance, that a girl maybe looking for a Farang, for me it seems unlikely, I mean how do ya' know if they're on the lookout?!

I certainly wont be taking your advice if you think you can meet a normal girl in the Thermie

Archived