Silly sport rules

Zaad

What rules do you find silly?

Let me hear it guys...

Football.. I still hate to see the 'away' goal having such a significant impact. I mean, think about it, two games 0-0 and 1-1 and the team who scored the away goal is allowed to play further in a tournament. Crap, they both scored one time! Should be extra time and pens.

Perhaps we should distinguish between scoring with foot or head as well?? the one scored with head is more difficult thus go through?? Nonsense.

Same for offside, way too much spave for misinterpretations. Offside is offside, period. Go back to the old rule :up:

Boxing... saved by the bell??? What a load of BS! The guy is clearly knocked out, he's lying there like a dead mosquito...8---9--- ding ding, saved by the bell, he wins because of the point system, better performance during roung 1-9 (but swallowed a KO in round 10) crap!

Tennis....can serve twice?? BS if you ask me. How about taking penalties twice? As I see it now tennisplayers have way to much advantage with the service. Makes watching tennis games on hard court very boring. Take out this silly second serve and people will enjoy watching this sport again.

More later..

Let's hear it guys..

On occasion i will hear about a pro golfer signing their score card at the end of a round , but the total is incorrect , then he/she is DQ'd , if they ( the officials )already know the official score of the round , why not compare scores , then sign. Can't think of any other sport where the score isnt already kept. ::

Oh ya , one more , " gutters " on a bowling alley , get rid of them , would improve my game alot.... :grinyes:

Bada :beer: Bing

TV replay decisions have to come into Football at some stage.

already in use with Rugby and Cricket and yes some time lost but it would make it fairer if things were looked at at the time.

but the issue is what decisions would be looked at.

because Football is a quick Game then decisions are hard to determine by the Ref.

Offside is difficult as a Player might get the flag and stop and we all know within Seconds it's proved they were onside.

the Players should be taught to just go through and go for Goal and let it be decided with a Minute.

but i think 'was the ball over the line or not?' and debatable handballs in the area should be reviewed.

these incidents can be very vague and need reviewing.

you cannot have the Video review for everything,it just needs certain things picked up on.

the Ref is already in contact with his other officials during the Game and i see no reason why they cannot be in touch with Officials in the Stands who can look at what is going on as it happens.

how difficult is it?,i can watch a Game on Sky and if the Ref blows we see within 10 Seconds if he was right or wrong.

not hard to implement i think.............

saw some of the Marseille/Bolton Game last Night and i noticed the Ref was wearing an earpiece.

don't htink he was connected to his Linesmen as they normally have buttons on their flag holders which have a link to the Ref.

was the earpiece linked to the 4th Official?.

if it was then this a good piece ot Technology which can be used if something controversial happens.

i really get annoyed when i see a good Goal scored and disallowed because the Officials are so inept.

as i said before within 10-15 Seconds you see the incident on TV so not a problem for the Game to be stopped and reviewed.

but UEFA and FIFA are loathe to admit that one of their Refs could ever make a mistake...........

The problem in Football with the TV replay (I agree with you guy's 100%) is that not every game in the league is televised. That means that you would have a differnent set of rules for the elite clubs and another for the lower league clubs.

Maybe a exception could be made for lets say cup games but as it stands every team wether conference or Premium league the treatment is the same.

Archived