Far East Bar, Pattaya Pick-Pocket Attempts

rickfarang

This isn't news, but a warning.

Far East Rock, Soi Post Office (13/3) South Pattaya.

Shortly after entering Far East Rock, and still standing, I grabbed the hand of a bargirl, while it was in my right-front pocket, which is where I keep my wallet. She laughed as if it was just a joke. We left.

One in our group felt a strong need to return to the Far East Rock the next day, to see one of the bar girls. I waited out front. He returned in less than an minute, telling me that one of the guys who hang around the door of Far East Rock followed him into the bar, and reached into the back pocket that my friend kept his wallet in.

Both of these attempts, only a day apart, failed because those who tried to pick our pockets were inept. Perhaps if we had been drunk, or if the attempts were performed a little more skillfully, it would be a different story.

A third member of our group lost his passport Saturday night, probably in a crowded after-hours joint. In hindsight, its pretty naive to carry a valuable document like a passport in a crowded bar.

Keep you wallet and other valuables where you can keep track of them. In particular, it seems to me that if you want to tempt fate by going into Far East Rock on Soi Post Office in Pattaya, there is a very good chance that someone will try and lift your wallet.

Thanks for the warning.

I was in there myself the other day.. no probs. But I'll keep the radar up in future.

I was pick pocketed myself on a baht taxi a year ago. Watch out for pretty girls sitting unusually close to you and distracting your attention... yes, I know, a tall order in Pattaya!

I now go out with only enough money for shopping or a night's entertainment, and I keep it in a wallet with one of those thin chains attached to my belt. Not too bulky and gives me peace of mind in case I get pissed.... "in case"..errr...when I get pissed.

:beer:

Archived