Brain Wars

Chillers

I had the pleasure of being invited to "quiz night" at the Londoner last night by Suadum.

There were a couple of teams there that use this board. What I found to be most intriguing was the fact that their mostly average sized skulls seemed to house huge brains. I had a CAT scan done recently and those that were on my team will not be surprised to know that there's plenty of room left in my noggin for more grey matter. But the kiddies I was with must have some kind of warped spacetime - TARDIS like thing going on with their heads (to fit in the brains) coz they certainly are smart!

Ok - on our team we had Old Hippie, Suadum, Goatscrot, myself, and 2 other guys whose handles I can't remember. These dudes rocked! Before I could even think about the question the answer was usually already written down on paper. Old Hippie contributed a few gems and then left to pursue "other activities". Suadum was generally smart - spitting out answers with ease. Goatscrot, although good at everything was constantly distracted by the Tiger? beer girl - at one point I caught him sniffing her! Anyway, stored in that brain of his is a profound knowledge of 80s music. As for the other two guys they too performed like quiz gods.

Eager to impress I occasionally presented an ill thought out answer - ill thought out because my wetware seems to run at a slower clock speed. As time is an issue in these things I couldn't dedicate enough cycles to generating the correct answer.

So - what was the outcome? We didn't do exceedingly well. The other NPF team (what does the F mean? :) ) came third and we were well below that.

After it was all over I walked home, sobbing, with my tail between my legs. But fear not! I shall return - I am the 6 million baht man and they will rebuild me. I'll bone up geography, literature, Thai politics, etc. and spend the next few months listening to 80s new romantic crap. Overclocked on psuedoepherdrine I'll start my own 1 man team, kick everyone?s arse and go wild with the prize money.

Archived